Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Should I get a uni halls accommodation or a private uni halls accommodation?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya!

I would recommend uni halls accommodation or halls of accommodation that are partnered with the university (my uni is partnered with Unite Students and The Student Housing Company) just because they tend to be cheaper and are recommend by the uni so you have reassurance that they are legitimate.

Have a browse on your university's website as to what they recommend and have a look at private halls too to compare.

Sam- Official Student Rep
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey Anonymous

I stayed in halls in my first and second year of university. It worked out cheaper for us and then my flatmates and I decided to get a flat together in our third year. Some of my friends stayed in private halls throughout the duration of their studies. As University of Portsmouth Support Rep mentioned uni halls tend to be a bit cheaper than private uni halls. The benefit of staying in halls in first/second year means you don't need to worry about gas/electricity bills etc as it's already included in the price. Do some research and see what works best for you

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Anonymous
I recommend uni accommodation. I stayed in uni accommodation on campus during my first year and it was a great way to start meeting people and get used to the new place I was living. The campus at my university in Lancaster also had everything I needed so it was a create way to settle in ! Make sure you look at your uni website and see what they recommend ! Let me know if you have any questions
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads