Cover letter as attachment or as part of email?

Watch
route255
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Been going through a lot of job apps recently and got me wondering. Is it best to attach a word document along with CV with email or use email and attach CV.

I have had conflicting info, saying person opening email would only read email then open CV.

I've always attached CV and Cover letter as word document to email. And separate, apart from first few times when i combined them!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by route255)
Been going through a lot of job apps recently and got me wondering. Is it best to attach a word document along with CV with email or use email and attach CV.

I have had conflicting info, saying person opening email would only read email then open CV.

I've always attached CV and Cover letter as word document to email. And separate, apart from first few times when i combined them!
Unless you are applying to a tiny business that only has a very few staff, then your email will not be opened by the person making the hiring decision. If you are applying to any large organisation, your email will not track your CV. An administrator who is no part of the selection process with drop attachments into the company's HR software, there is no facility to drop the email in, so it will be lost to your application.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Unless you are applying to a tiny business that only has a very few staff, then your email will not be opened by the person making the hiring decision. If you are applying to any large organisation, your email will not track your CV. An administrator who is no part of the selection process with drop attachments into the company's HR software, there is no facility to drop the email in, so it will be lost to your application.
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads