The Student Room Group

Inflamed bowel

Hi, I’ve been getting these pains/ flare ups for 2/3 years now. The first time I got this I had to stay in hospital overnight as they thought I had appendicitis and told me I would have surgery in the morning. Then I was told I had to have an ultrasound to check for cysts on my uterus. I didn’t have appendicitis or the cysts. I’ve still been having these painful flares ups for a few more years and have moved doctors as they didn’t help me at all. At my new doctors I reverently had a flare up and my blood test showed my bowel was inflamed. I now have to have another blood test and a stool sample :/
The doctor mentioned IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) this worries me and I don’t know a lot about it and is just wondering if anyone with similar circumstances has any advice?? Thank you 😊
Keep talking to your medical professionals, that’s the best approach. Officially/actually!

My friend who had similar recent flare-up after a move to a new uni, ‘solved’ hers (non-officially/anecdotally) by
1) using a cartridge water filter, a basic model, for drinking-water & tea etc
2) plus taking probiotic gummies (Apple Cider Vinegar Tapioca Gummies - 1000mg - with Organic Turmeric, Ginger & Probiotics - Unfiltered & Raw with the Mother - 60 Vegan Gummies~ €10) for example

and weirdest
3) taking a quarter of a real apple, small windfall apple from a real apple-tree in someone’s garden, every day or whenever possible. Eat simply, seeds, skin, warts & all. Seems to be the most fullest thing stuffed with real microbiome refreshments/boosts. Find a friend who isn’t a farmer or supermarket who has an apple tree or two, and collect all of their small apples?

[Real bio, not supermarket “bio”, so far it’s working]
This is so helpful thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest