blowdriedcrocs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm a class of 2020 graduate that opted out of the predicted grade route and decided to do my exams during the Oct/ Nov 2020 series. I honestly feel that I failed my Biology and it will bring down my grade significantly (I had a B, 3 marks shy of an A). As for Maths, I reset me AS and it went pretty well and during the A Level Papers, I seriously panicked (to the point I forgot to do chain rule) and came out of the papers UNSURE!!!!! I don't know what to do since I'm currently taking a gap year and fear that no university (in the USA) will take me!!! Any advice on what to do for university or my future when the worst arrives?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by blowdriedcrocs)
I'm a class of 2020 graduate that opted out of the predicted grade route and decided to do my exams during the Oct/ Nov 2020 series. I honestly feel that I failed my Biology and it will bring down my grade significantly (I had a B, 3 marks shy of an A). As for Maths, I reset me AS and it went pretty well and during the A Level Papers, I seriously panicked (to the point I forgot to do chain rule) and came out of the papers UNSURE!!!!! I don't know what to do since I'm currently taking a gap year and fear that no university (in the USA) will take me!!! Any advice on what to do for university or my future when the worst arrives?
Try not to tell yourself you've failed before you know what the results are. I came out of my A-Level psychology exam in tears because I had almost run out of time and I felt like I wrote the worst answers possible. I opened the envelope to an A* on results day. Please try to keep your chin up and focus on the good. As long as you tried your best, that's all that you could have done. You can't change what you wrote on the exam now so try to keep yourself busy doing other things until you get the results.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi!

Try and not think the worst and automatically think you've failed. I did the exact same in my a-levels and my results were so much better than what I thought.
I would contact the universities you are wanting to apply to and ask if there is anything that you could be doing in your gap year to improve your chances of getting into the uni. Also, speak to your college and see if they can offer any advice. You might be able to retake in the summer or earlier?
Please focus on the positive, you've got a whole year to take advantage of many opportunities.

I hope this helps and hope you did well!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
Lolamondayy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We’re literally the same, but with physics and biology. I panicked so much for physics and felt like I couldn’t breathe and the whole thing just got to me so I gave up halfway so I know I failed. I’m already revising for 2021 bc I don’t want to make that mistake again.
blowdriedcrocs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Update: I was overreacting and got a n A in Bio and a B in Maths. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement
DSKE
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Update: I was overreacting and got a n A in Bio and a B in Maths. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement
Well done!
OnAndOff
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same thing happened to me today but for GCSE's lool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.87%

Watched Threads