?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any advice on how to make my statement unique
Banechann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
any unique work experience that you've gained? Include it. Try not to use generic sentences such as this subject impacts society with their daily lives etc etc
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doug78)
Add details and specifics and examples of your academic interests and research outside of your curriculum.

That’s what makes your PS personal.
FatYikes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Imo the best way to make your statement unique is through unique but relevant experiences, courses and extra curriculars. There are plenty of places to find examples of personal statements on the internet where you can get ideas.
The problem with trying to make it unique off the bat just by your way of writing is that it is more likely to sound generic or cliché, ironically. Make sure you have good evidence of your passion for your subject and that it reads well and you will be well on your way.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Doug78)
Hey Doug78 What courses are you applying for?

Focusing on things that you've done and applying these to the course will help towards making your statement unique. It is a *Personal* statement after all, so it's unique to you already. Link your skills to your knowledge of the course and show your passion for it. Tell the universities why you want to study that particular area, and use examples of things that have inspired you in real life (e.g. if it's a Pharmacology course you can relate this to the current world we're living in, or if it's Marketing you can talk about an ad that you really loved).

Write down all of the extra curricular/work/hobby things you've done so far on a piece of paper, and start to write down what you've gained from doing them. Then write down everything you love about your course, which modules excite you and what you know about the industry. Anything you write down on that sheet of paper all relates directly to *you* and will naturally be unique that way No two people will write the same things down so use that as your inspo for the statement!

Best of luck to you!
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.57%
I don't have everything I need (93)
38.43%

Watched Threads