How do I tell my friend I have ADHD?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a feeling she’s maybe worked out I have ADHD already from my behaviour. I’m quite hyperactive even though I take medication. How do I tell her? Without it sounding weird?
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is she a close friend?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I told my (German) boss that I had ADHD by standing on his desk, and shouting at him, during an annual performance review. Looking back, other methods might have been better....but it all worked out in the end.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Is she a close friend?
Yes she is
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Idk. "I have ADHD" - it doesn't have to be a big deal if you don't make it into one.
Junaki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I told my (German) boss that I had ADHD by standing on his desk, and shouting at him, during an annual performance review. Looking back, other methods might have been better....but it all worked out in the end.
No, I think this was the perfect method lol
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)

Did you get promoted or a salary raise at least?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they told me to do entirely my own work for a year. I (legally) cloned Roman Abramovich’s superyacht ‘Eclipse’ in my lab & demo’ed it to UK Home-Office counterterrorism team, who couldn’t believe what I’d done. Sometimes having a different personality can be helpful.
Summerneive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just tell her.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a feeling she’s maybe worked out I have ADHD already from my behaviour. I’m quite hyperactive even though I take medication. How do I tell her? Without it sounding weird?
Don't say anything if you want to continue having friends. 99% of people think it's fake and will probably treat you differently for it. This is why I tend to stay silent about mine.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I have observed that ADHD has been normalised to the point where people think that is nothing. In terms of telling your friend without her making a massive fuss, this may work in your favour.
Have you thought about you will say if she asks you what it is? Or you find that she is under the impression that it is something it isn't?
I would probably tell her that 'I am the same person you have always known'.

**Disclaimer- I don't have ADHD, although I do have a related neurodevelopmental disorder**
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.04%
I don't have everything I need (141)
41.96%

Watched Threads