Saif_e92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for a job and had been give an Experian pre employment background check form to fill. I was asked to fill in any previous references starting from my most recent job but I only gave one reference from a job I had in 2018 as I was fired from my last one. Will it matter?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saif_e92)
I applied for a job and had been give an Experian pre employment background check form to fill. I was asked to fill in any previous references starting from my most recent job but I only gave one reference from a job I had in 2018 as I was fired from my last one. Will it matter?
What was the exact wording of the request (because it wasn't 'fill in any previous references')? You have to comply with what they asked at least insofar as it matches with what you've previously told them in terms of your jobs.
Saif_e92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What was the exact wording of the request (because it wasn't 'fill in any previous references')? You have to comply with what they asked at least insofar as it matches with what you've previously told them in terms of your jobs.
I can’t remember what it specifically said but it was just asking for references from previous employers.
It’s for a job at Sky as a customer service advisor. It’s quite strange as they’ve actually not asked about my employment history prior to this as they don’t ask for CVs etc... All I’ve done is a zoom interview where I’ve mentioned experiences from my previous jobs myself without them asking directly.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t remember what it specifically said but it was just asking for references from previous employers.
It’s for a job at Sky as a customer service advisor. It’s quite strange as they’ve actually not asked about my employment history prior to this as they don’t ask for CVs etc... All I’ve done is a zoom interview where I’ve mentioned experiences from my previous jobs myself without them asking directly.
Then it depends on what resources Experian have access to. I don't know what that is, so you'll have to wait and see if they find out about the previous job you got fired from.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use the job from 2018. Obviously I'd advise against using the one you got fired from.
For your other reference, do you have anyone from school/college etc you could use.
Or have you attended any clubs or societies- if so you could use someone from there.
Or have you done any volunteering anywhere- if so you could use someone from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (32)
16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (60)
30%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (77)
38.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.5%

Watched Threads