Offered a job within the NHS verbally, not heard back since?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!
So I graduated 6 months ago and I was offered a job in the NHS last week. I havent yet heard from HR and today I called them and they told me they havent recieved the paper work from the manager who offered me the job and to give it a week or so. This has kind of worried me because im thinking has the manager changed her mind, what if she offered me the job my mistake and has given it to someone else. This means so much to me and its worrying the hell out of me. Has anyone got any experience of being offered a job in the NHS and the recruitment process. How long does it take for HR to give that first employment confirmation?
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Was the job offered verbally or via email? Were ypu given any indication on time?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tw1x)
Was the job offered verbally or via email? Were ypu given any indication on time?
verbal, over the phone. Nope i was just told to wait for HR to contact me. I know HR are long but im concerned because my manager hasnt even given the paperwork to them
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
i know this was posted a while back but im in the same situation and unfortunately i forgot to add references contact info on my application but ive been told by the manager on the phone that ive got that job and there very keen on me starting i dint know the process can someone guide me and ease my mind as im worried i wont start now due to lack iof references info does that mean they will withdr-2 my accepted offer?
Redfrost
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You’l have the job don’t worry
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
have u had any experience of that yourself in hospital nhs job offers? *** long does it take
Redfrost
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
have u had any experience of that yourself in hospital nhs job offers? *** long does it take
Yes it takes a while I didn’t hear for about 4 weeks. Maybe send the manager an email asking if there’s anything you can do to prepare or to help with the help process it will make you seem interested and give you reassurance that things are progressing

I was offered a job without completing an application. I worked on the bank/temporary staffing with them and went to interview for a permanent position. The manager said that she’d get my temporary contract changed to permanent but every time I chased up with HR they said this wasn’t possible and I should have done an application. I was told I wouldn’t get a written contract etc as I never applied so I was questioning whether or not I actually had the job for weeks and even if I had I had no confirmation of my terms/pay etc. I’m in the job now it was ok in the end.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i know this was posted a while back but im in the same situation and unfortunately i forgot to add references contact info on my application but ive been told by the manager on the phone that ive got that job and there very keen on me starting i dint know the process can someone guide me and ease my mind as im worried i wont start now due to lack iof references info does that mean they will withdr-2 my accepted offer?
Ask the manager.

And don't bump old threads when you could have just made a new one...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
19.58%
The paper was reasonable (124)
37.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (95)
28.61%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
14.46%

Watched Threads