The Student Room Group

If I change my student bank account would it affect student finance?

Hi
I want to change my student bank account to something else
However, do you need a student account?
Also, would it affect the tuition fee loan that is given to the uni and would it affect other things?
Thank you
Original post by Anonymous_234129
Hi
I want to change my student bank account to something else
However, do you need a student account?
Also, would it affect the tuition fee loan that is given to the uni and would it affect other things?
Thank you

Any UK bank account in your name is acceptable. It doesn't need to be a student account. It does not affect the Tuition Fee Loan as that is paid directly to the university.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Any UK bank account in your name is acceptable. It doesn't need to be a student account. It does not affect the Tuition Fee Loan as that is paid directly to the university.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you
Just for clarification I was hoping to change to a spend and save account or a cash account or any other account from a student account on tsb. This is fine right in terms of tuition fee loans right?
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you
Just for clarification I was hoping to change to a spend and save account or a cash account or any other account from a student account on tsb. This is fine right in terms of tuition fee loans right?

Yes as long as it's a valid UK Bank account.
Thanks, Isaac
Yes as long as it's a valid UK Bank account.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi I have got another question
What happens if you change your course in the same University in the same year 2020? for example changing from Mech eng to Aero eng in the same uni in the current year 2020
does the tuition fee loan still be paid to the new course you are transferring to?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi I have got another question
What happens if you change your course in the same University in the same year 2020? for example changing from Mech eng to Aero eng in the same uni in the current year 2020
does the tuition fee loan still be paid to the new course you are transferring to?

Hi, if it's the same university then they should contact us to confirm you are transferring and the fee should be paid as normal.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, if it's the same university then they should contact us to confirm you are transferring and the fee should be paid as normal.
Thanks, Isaac

So the whole tuition fee would be paid to the new course I am transferring to for the current year 2020/21 after the university has contacted student finance?
Thank you for all your help :smile:
I really appreciate it
(edited 3 years ago)
So the whole tuition fee would be paid to the new course I am transferring to for the current year 2020/21 after the university has contacted student finance?
Thank you for all your help :smile:
I really appreciate it

As it's the same university yes. As long as you are transferring, not withdrawing from your old course and as long as you still remain eligible.
All students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If it was a different university then it could be different.
Thanks, Isaac
As it's the same university yes. As long as you are transferring, not withdrawing from your old course and as long as you still remain eligible.
All students receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If it was a different university then it could be different.
Thanks, Isaac

I did study another subject in 2019 but dropped the course
As I am now studying in 2020, would this affect my transfer of changing from Mech eng to Aerospace eng for 2020 or would the tuiton fee loan still be updated for this year for the new course i am transferring to for this year 2020/21?
I did study another subject in 2019 but dropped the course
As I am now studying in 2020, would this affect my transfer of changing from Mech eng to Aerospace eng for 2020 or would the tuiton fee loan still be updated for this year for the new course i am transferring to for this year 2020/21?

As long as you only have the 1 year of previous study and are transferring courses then it should be fine. You could speak to your university and make sure they are classing it as a transfer not a withdrawal.
Thanks, Isaac
As long as you only have the 1 year of previous study and are transferring courses then it should be fine. You could speak to your university and make sure they are classing it as a transfer not a withdrawal.
Thanks, Isaac

Im pretty sure its a transfer as I have changed from mech eng to aerospace for this year where i am not dropping out and studying next year but only changing courses for this year
Its just my uni is taking its time to process the transfer form so it will take time for them to inform student finance about this
Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending