The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

Quick question:
How do I relate skills I have obtained to be beneficial for uni? Can someone give me like an example sentence or something ?
Hello

This is a example. Teamwork skills which are gained as a result of working at a kitchen etc are valuable. You could even talk about things like communication skills.
Reply 2
...I have also demonstrated a degree of perseverance and determination throughout my non-academic pursuits - a prime example being my continued effort during the COVID-19 lockdown to attain the skill to spin a pen around my index finger. Though it took me many attempts, I persisted, balancing this with my A-level studies among my other commitments, and I am now a pen-spinning pro. Thus, I believe that this perseverance I have demonstrated would allow me to tackle the many challenges that are an intrinsic part of x course...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Da14a
...I have also demonstrated a degree of perseverance and determination throughout my non-academic pursuits - a prime example being my continued effort during the COVID-19 lockdown to attain the skill to spin a pen around my index finger. Though it took me many attempts, I persisted, balancing this with my A-level studies among my other commitments, and I am now a pen-spinning pro. Thus, I believe that this perseverance I have demonstrated would allow me to tackle the many challenges that are an intrinsic part of x course...

Omg thank you life saver
Also made me laugh lol
Reply 4
Original post by Wertgyhuj
Omg thank you life saver
Also made me laugh lol

Lmao, thanks. Genuinely the structure I would frame a skill though I don't think admissions would think kindly of my example :s-smilie:.
You don't really need to mention skills like that for an academic course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending