so i squeezed a really big blackhead on my cheek, will the hole get smaller?

Watch
kacey371
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so there was this blackhead that was on my cheek and it was really bugging me, so using two tissues, i squeezed it out. Now there is a little noticeable hole on my cheek. Will it go away?

A little background on my pores: my mum doesn't have any, and my dad only has some because of his age. I don't know why my pores are huge, but i am really insecure about them. I can't wear makeup comfortably as the foundation seeps into my pores making them look even bigger. My mum said she doesn't know if it'll go away because she didn't have to deal with them when she was younger. She also says that it may be because I cleanse my face every night, so my pores open and get more dirt in, I don't know. But i really hate it.

I look older than my age and I'm only 17. I look at other girls my age and they all have no visible pores and tight skin, whereas me, my pores on my cheek and forehead are noticeable up close and I really hate going out. It never used to be much of an issue when i was younger. I did squeeze a few blackheads when I was young but they did shrink, however lately they have just been the same size, some getting bigger.

Does anyone know how to get rid of/shrink them? Or at least how to make me more comfortable in my own skin?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
even tho I'm a guy, I can imagine what you're going through coz my sister went through something similar. Honestly it was really saddening to see my own sister beat herself up over something so small. Honestly, I'm sure you look absolutely amazing the way you are and I want you to know that you don't need to be conscious about this sort of thing. You sound really sweet so don't let a small detail define how you view yourself.

Maybe someone can follow on with skincare advice coz unfortunately I don't know too much about that 😅. But my message to you is that you shouldn't worry about it too much. It happens and if u can get rid of it then great, but if not, I'm sure you look amazing anyway. Often beauty is more about what's inside than outside.

Also don't feel the need to compare yourself to other girls It's just a bad idea because when looking at other people they may seem way more glamorous in your eyes but I'm sure even they have their own insecurities. For all you know, other girls could look at you and compare themselves to you, so don't stress too much about other girls in your age range.
blazerod
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never squeeze a pimple, it might get infected
kacey371
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
even tho I'm a guy, I can imagine what you're going through coz my sister went through something similar. Honestly it was really saddening to see my own sister beat herself up over something so small. Honestly, I'm sure you look absolutely amazing the way you are and I want you to know that you don't need to be conscious about this sort of thing. You sound really sweet so don't let a small detail define how you view yourself.

Maybe someone can follow on with skincare advice coz unfortunately I don't know too much about that 😅. But my message to you is that you shouldn't worry about it too much. It happens and if u can get rid of it then great, but if not, I'm sure you look amazing anyway. Often beauty is more about what's inside than outside.

Also don't feel the need to compare yourself to other girls It's just a bad idea because when looking at other people they may seem way more glamorous in your eyes but I'm sure even they have their own insecurities. For all you know, other girls could look at you and compare themselves to you, so don't stress too much about other girls in your age range.
this made me cry, thank you, you are so sweet! this really made me feel so much better 😊
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kacey371)
this made me cry, thank you, you are so sweet! this really made me feel so much better 😊
I'm happy I could make your day a lil better ☺️
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No advice about pores but I have a hole from a blackhead from years ago that never got smaller.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads