I made a technical error on my personal statement

Watch
jenny.chiko
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I’m applying for a chemistry course and I stupidly sent my application off in a hurry before one of the 4 teachers I sent it to checked it and he has now just pointed out the huge mistake that I called something that is not an element and element and now I’m scared that this will be enough for unis to reject me because how can I apply for a chemistry course and not recognise elements 😭😭 please someone tell me I’m overreacting because I feel like such an idiot right now
MadameRazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i mean... that’s not great. but i’m sure it won’t be enough for universities to reject you. do any of the unis you applied to have interviews? if they do you can easily clear up that it was a mistake, but i’m sure they’ll come to that conclusion on their own.
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jenny.chiko)
Okay so I’m applying for a chemistry course and I stupidly sent my application off in a hurry before one of the 4 teachers I sent it to checked it and he has now just pointed out the huge mistake that I called something that is not an element and element and now I’m scared that this will be enough for unis to reject me because how can I apply for a chemistry course and not recognise elements 😭😭 please someone tell me I’m overreacting because I feel like such an idiot right now
Ok, I don't mean to sound rude, but that is quite the situation :rofl:. I don't believe you can edit your personal statement in any capacity once your application has been received by the universities but you do still have the option of revoking the whole application and sending it off again. However, please look up your options a bit more before listening to anything I say and wait for more qualified people to give you their two cents before doing anything else rash.

In any case, as MadameRazz said, a university would likely not choose to reject you just for a single error in your PS.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Too late to worry about it now. Emailing a corrected PS would just draw attention to it. Chemistry tends to look more at your academics than your PS anyway so it likely like won't make any difference.
jenny.chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadameRazz)
i mean... that’s not great. but i’m sure it won’t be enough for universities to reject you. do any of the unis you applied to have interviews? if they do you can easily clear up that it was a mistake, but i’m sure they’ll come to that conclusion on their own.
So I’ve applied for uni of Nottingham, uni of Leicester, Birmingham, Loughborough and bath. But only Nottingham requires an interview. Interviews aren’t really common for a chem degree
r7kytt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What did you think was an element?
jenny.chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by AllGrade999999)
What did you think was an element?
Botulinum 🤦🏾*♀️ It was in an audio book about elements that I had previously read and stupidly i didn’t even realise it’s not an element when I googled it.
r7kytt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Botulinum 🤦🏾*♀️ It was in an audio book about elements that I had previously read and stupidly i didn’t even realise it’s not an element when I googled it.
Lol, unlucky

The person reading your personal statement would be like “wtf???”😂😂😂

What did you write about it?
Last edited by r7kytt; 1 month ago
Da14a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As in Botulinum toxin?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (124)
62.31%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.69%

Watched Threads