cerild
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Anyone know how to remove the window restrictors?? Ours was off when we arrived and then when the cleaner arrived, she's put it back on....
Please someone help!! =)
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They are put on for a reason. Why do you want to take them off?
steelmole
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You need a precision tool like a hammer for that.
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you take them off it may effect your insurance.
Paeony
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At my uni they were generally there to a) stop you falling to your death out of the top floor windows or b) to stop people getting into the ground floor rooms. We had inspections and I think it was a £25 fine if they found you'd taken them off.
aleathiel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
they can fine you for that you know and it's there for a good reason so I'd say keep it on?!
cerild
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yes I know all that but were on the 8th floor in Central London where the temperature is over 20c so you see our predicament - especially when we're cooking it's ridiculous.
sweetfloss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I used to be able to remove mine with a sharp knife/fork but it's pretty hard to explain...
r04501112
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
buy some cheap desk fans. Its cheaper to buy them then risk getting fined for taking them off. Think they are 7 quid each in argos.
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cerild)
Yes I know all that but were on the 8th floor in Central London where the temperature is over 20c so you see our predicament - especially when we're cooking it's ridiculous.
It tends to hurt, when you fall out of an 8th floor window. That is why you have a restrictor. Leave it alone.
MaddieMoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
we have the same problem, i can't work out how to do it, i dont care about being fined and im not going to fall to me death, the widow sill is really high it just to hot to cope with.....i know they can be removed because when we burnt toast in the kitchen the staff removed them on the kitchen windows!!! i just want to be able to sleep properly! fans just circulate warm air not cool it down...
Adds
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
same was done to my window at uni (for stupid reasons, nothing to do with me personally or even my safety), i figured it out though. look closely on the restrictor there will the name of the company who makes them. usually Rezlok (or something like that) then google 'Rezlock window restrictor' i can guarantee you will then be able to find the model used for your window, purchase it (about £7) and the key that comes with it will match bingo. you can thank me later.

oh, but i take no responsibility for the fine/disciplinary action that may occur as a result.
LewisBarrie99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Adds)
same was done to my window at uni (for stupid reasons, nothing to do with me personally or even my safety), i figured it out though. look closely on the restrictor there will the name of the company who makes them. usually Rezlok (or something like that) then google 'Rezlock window restrictor' i can guarantee you will then be able to find the model used for your window, purchase it (about £7) and the key that comes with it will match bingo. you can thank me later.

oh, but i take no responsibility for the fine/disciplinary action that may occur as a result.
9 years ago and i've literally just ordered a res-lok key off the internet. I will not be able to thank you later ... so thank you Sir Adds, for aiding the younger generation in juvenile delinquency.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (83)
38.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.98%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.72%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.56%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.44%

Watched Threads