The Student Room Group

Funding if leaving an MSc programme to start another a few months later

Hi,

After 2 months of my MSc in Quantity Surveying (started in September 2020) I have decided that I would like to withdraw and would be looking to start an MSc Building Surveying course in January 2021 at another university.

For my current QS masters I applied for the full loan amount of £11,200 and had already been paid one instalment but still have 2 more to be paid after Christmas (if I stay on my current programme).

Does anyone know if I would be able to get funding by student finance if I was to start a new course in January?

Thanks
Original post by maze17
Hi,

After 2 months of my MSc in Quantity Surveying (started in September 2020) I have decided that I would like to withdraw and would be looking to start an MSc Building Surveying course in January 2021 at another university.

For my current QS masters I applied for the full loan amount of £11,200 and had already been paid one instalment but still have 2 more to be paid after Christmas (if I stay on my current programme).

Does anyone know if I would be able to get funding by student finance if I was to start a new course in January?

Thanks

Hi, if you withdraw you won't be eligible for further masters funding.
If you transfer courses instead then your funding will continue as normal for the new course.

The only way to get full funding again is if you withdraw and have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending