zxxe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently studying biology, psychology and sociology at a level and have the predicted grades of BCE. the E is in psychology due to insufficient evidence for a higher grade, however, I have discussed with my teacher and I will be sitting two class examinations for her to reconsider. my question is that I am applying to Southampton which requires AAB. is it a long shot for me to apply? I know I can do better in biology (C grade) and achieve an A/B and the same in psychology. my other choices are BBB, BBC and BCC but I was told to apply for an aspirational just in case? I don't want to come across as a complete idiot to Southampton uni with my crappy predicted grades but know I can do better- it's my first choice uni.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zxxe)
I'm currently studying biology, psychology and sociology at a level and have the predicted grades of BCE. the E is in psychology due to insufficient evidence for a higher grade, however, I have discussed with my teacher and I will be sitting two class examinations for her to reconsider. my question is that I am applying to Southampton which requires AAB. is it a long shot for me to apply? I know I can do better in biology (C grade) and achieve an A/B and the same in psychology. my other choices are BBB, BBC and BCC but I was told to apply for an aspirational just in case? I don't want to come across as a complete idiot to Southampton uni with my crappy predicted grades but know I can do better- it's my first choice uni.
HI zxxe,

Perhaps it would be worth seeing if you could apply for a foundation year there (if they do one) alongside the first year entry, so that way if your heart is set on the university then you have the greatest chances of entry!

Best of luck
Millie
Student Rep
Sm9988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s the same a level combination as me lol.
I’m resitting Though only bio as I missed my uni offer by 1. As I got a B in it.

Best thing is to ring them to be honest . As I have heard cases where unis have rejected people as predicted grades were too low. So that could be the case here with Southampton.
zxxe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
HI zxxe,

Perhaps it would be worth seeing if you could apply for a foundation year there (if they do one) alongside the first year entry, so that way if your heart is set on the university then you have the greatest chances of entry!

Best of luck
Millie
Student Rep
Thank you for your reply! The problem with a foundation course is that my country's government won't pay for me to attend a foundation course unless its the last resort and no other uni in the UK would accept for their course with my achieved grades. So foundation courses aren't really an option for me :/ but thanks anyway.
zxxe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sm9988)
That’s the same a level combination as me lol.
I’m resitting Though only bio as I missed my uni offer by 1. As I got a B in it.

Best thing is to ring them to be honest . As I have heard cases where unis have rejected people as predicted grades were too low. So that could be the case here with Southampton.
I will email them, although I've been told it is advised to choose an aspirational choice for uni. Thank you for your reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.21%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.79%

Watched Threads