LE_FROGUE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Looking at Unis for Economics in 2021. Not taking a level maths and predicted AAB with A Maths AS. Shortlist so far Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester and Southampton.

Any suggestions or experience with these unis?

Thanks
MJA2802
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni of Birmingham ?
catn00b
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LE_FROGUE)
Looking at Unis for Economics in 2021. Not taking a level maths and predicted AAB with A Maths AS. Shortlist so far Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester and Southampton.

Thanks
Both Manchester and Southampton ask for maths a level.
You might want to check the other unis too as a lot require maths for econ. Also some say they 'prefer' maths. Tbh not sure what they mean by this and to what extent not doing maths will matter but def something to consider
Similarly Notts a level offer for econ is A*AA also something to think about
Other than that they're all really really good unis and heard a lot of good things about all
Last edited by catn00b; 1 month ago
Elise_adventures
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You may want to rethink economics if you aren't doing a maths a level. The best economics courses will have a lot of maths. Maybe consider economics and politics or something else. Or business if you don't like maths. You will be at a disadvantage compared to other applicants if they 'prefer' maths and you aren't doing it
Panjsuce
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Loughborough or Surrey?
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks
Hi LE_FROGUE,

Would you consider studying Economics at Loughborough? You don't need Maths A-Level and ask for AAB (excluding General Studies, Critical Thinking, Communication and Culture and Citizenship Studies).

We have a virtual open day taking place on Saturday 28th November - why not register and you can chat live with the academic staff and students and see if you like the sound of the course, the staff and university.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

All the best
Bindu
LE_FROGUE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Bindu,

Thanks, but not really interested in Loughborough. Will have a look a look at the open day though.

(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi LE_FROGUE,

Would you consider studying Economics at Loughborough? You don't need Maths A-Level and ask for AAB (excluding General Studies, Critical Thinking, Communication and Culture and Citizenship Studies).

We have a virtual open day taking place on Saturday 28th November - why not register and you can chat live with the academic staff and students and see if you like the sound of the course, the staff and university.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

All the best
Bindu
Panjsuce
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Bindu,

Thanks, but not really interested in Loughborough. Will have a look a look at the open day though.
Just out of interest, where are you interested in then? Have you revised your options? You don’t want to end up with very little/none offers
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Bindu,

Hi LE_FROGUE,

That's absolutely no problem, but glad that you're keeping an open mind and checking out the open day

All the best in whichever university you decide to apply for.
Bindu
BenRyan99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Think Nottingham ask for A*AA which means you'd be unlikely to get an offer there. What you can do though is apply for their industrial economics program, this has a AAB grade requirement but is more focused on microeconomics.
ajay06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given that you dont do A level maths, it would seem you are more suited for a BA rather than a BSC so i d recommend you look at those, however some uni like Cambridge call themselves BA but are in fact very mathematical, so watch out for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed