Watch
Urszula2023
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alexeiszp)
Thank you so much!
Also, how do you feel about the fact IGCSEs seem to be going ahead? I am sort of annoyed as I do a mixture and it so unsettling having to do some exams and not others, but I guess it will be fine. Also annoyed as for English Lit we are using coursework from Y10 and mine isn't great oof.
Hope you're getting on ok. ☺️☺️
I don’t want them to go ahead since GCSEs aren’t. My psychology was a GCSE and was the only one that got cancelled.
So I still have to make all my revision cards and all.
What coursework do you have from the English Literature? I’m sure it’ll turn out great.
Hope you’re okayyyy 💕
alexeiszp
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Urszula2023)
I don’t want them to go ahead since GCSEs aren’t. My psychology was a GCSE and was the only one that got cancelled.
So I still have to make all my revision cards and all.
What coursework do you have from the English Literature? I’m sure it’ll turn out great.
Hope you’re okayyyy 💕
Great Expectations and An Inspector Calls. Hopefully it's alright.
I feel like if we don't go back before Easter they will be cancelled, or hopefully centres will get a choice on whether or not to enter candidates. Who knows ahaha.
Stay safe ☺️
alexeiszp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
✨07/02/21✨

Hiya! It's been a long while. How is everyone doing? Hopefully well.
So IGCSEs have finally been cancelled with the exception of Cambridge board exams (which look like they could be cancelled in a statement next week) so as it stands I am only doing Geography as an exam in the summer, but this is likely to change I think. Mocks have been going really well, I really would like to share my results but I still have Italian listening and maths mocks to do. Although it seems as though we won't do the maths one until we go back to school, and by that point we'll probably end up doing a second set of mocks. oof.
English Lit is finally going well for me! It's good but the sad news is Chemistry has been my worst mock even though I am planning on taking it for A Level.
Oh well.
I am losing motivation by the day. Netflix is oh so tempting and the thought of doing work when I am already exhausted from online lessons is just not good. Gotta keep ploughing through and excited for half term as I can finish all my revision resources etc.
I am not great at working at the weekends; I much prefer doing intensive study in the holidays. Sometimes I think the fact that GCSEs are cancelled is weird, because idk about other schools but at my school I think we are gonna end up doing a set of mocks after Easter which will probably be the main piece of evidence for our final grade, IDK tho, depends if the exam boards make mini papers available etc etc.
That was a bit of a brain splurge, but that's what's on my mind atm.
Hope you are all coping, if u know any strategies to relax etc. feel free to share them.
Stay safe
Alexei
Urszula2023
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
✨07/02/21✨

Hiya! It's been a long while. How is everyone doing? Hopefully well.
So IGCSEs have finally been cancelled with the exception of Cambridge board exams (which look like they could be cancelled in a statement next week) so as it stands I am only doing Geography as an exam in the summer, but this is likely to change I think. Mocks have been going really well, I really would like to share my results but I still have Italian listening and maths mocks to do. Although it seems as though we won't do the maths one until we go back to school, and by that point we'll probably end up doing a second set of mocks. oof.
English Lit is finally going well for me! It's good but the sad news is Chemistry has been my worst mock even though I am planning on taking it for A Level.
Oh well.
I am losing motivation by the day. Netflix is oh so tempting and the thought of doing work when I am already exhausted from online lessons is just not good. Gotta keep ploughing through and excited for half term as I can finish all my revision resources etc.
I am not great at working at the weekends; I much prefer doing intensive study in the holidays. Sometimes I think the fact that GCSEs are cancelled is weird, because idk about other schools but at my school I think we are gonna end up doing a set of mocks after Easter which will probably be the main piece of evidence for our final grade, IDK tho, depends if the exam boards make mini papers available etc etc.
That was a bit of a brain splurge, but that's what's on my mind atm.
Hope you are all coping, if u know any strategies to relax etc. feel free to share them.
Stay safe
Alexei
Heyyy,

Haven't been to check here in ages. I'm hope your Italian and Maths mocks went well (if you've done them yet - if not, good luck).I'm glad to here that English Literature went well Sorry to hear about the chemistry, it was my worst too - I'd like to believe the grade boundary was just really high on this one.
I hope you feel better and find the motivation to get through it all. I've tried to just take a break and not study for a day or too and do some fun crafts like CD painting and lotion making.

Stay safe <3
Ula
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey. I'm sorry I haven't been on here in so long. I'm really sorry that you're feeling so unmotivated and stressed. I hope that you're ok and things have improved since you last updated. You can always PM me if you need anything.
Different people relax in different ways and not everything works for everyone, so I'll give some suggestions and hope they help.
~go for a walk or just in your garden. You could even do some gardening. It's meant to be therapeutic and it's prescribed for mental health problems
~read a book
~take a bath or shower
~do some breathing exercises or meditate
~do some exercise
~let everything out. You could talk to someone, write it down, make a mindmap of your thoughts

I don't know if any of this will work for you or if you'll even see it. I just hope you're doing ok. xxx
alexeiszp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
Hey. I'm sorry I haven't been on here in so long. I'm really sorry that you're feeling so unmotivated and stressed. I hope that you're ok and things have improved since you last updated. You can always PM me if you need anything.
Different people relax in different ways and not everything works for everyone, so I'll give some suggestions and hope they help.
~go for a walk or just in your garden. You could even do some gardening. It's meant to be therapeutic and it's prescribed for mental health problems
~read a book
~take a bath or shower
~do some breathing exercises or meditate
~do some exercise
~let everything out. You could talk to someone, write it down, make a mindmap of your thoughts

I don't know if any of this will work for you or if you'll even see it. I just hope you're doing ok. xxx
Thank you so much this is really really helpful. Things were better over half term but online school is just draining as. Going for walks is a rly gd idea, I try and go but often I go late at night so I am going to try and go earlier so I can just be in the fresh air in daylight.
How are things with you?
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much this is really really helpful. Things were better over half term but online school is just draining as. Going for walks is a rly gd idea, I try and go but often I go late at night so I am going to try and go earlier so I can just be in the fresh air in daylight.
How are things with you?
That's ok. I'm glad your half term was better, you deserved some time away from online school, even if you were doing catch up work. Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Sunlight is meant to be good for your mental health, so it might help to relieve some stress.
I'm ok thanks. how are you feeling today?
val7322
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know revision can be hard, and deeply frustrating, especially when you keep on forgetting stuff, but i have been able to improve my learning through brianscape

Brainscape uses both spaced repetition and flashcards. It also challenges the weakest areas of your knowledge as difficult concepts are studied more frequently than the easier ones.

Before Brainscape I was getting 6s in triple science, history and RE. With Brainscape I've been able to get all 9s apart from in English and Spanish. And these are just mock results!

The only downside is that Brainscape is a bit pricy with subscription prices of £7.05 per month, £42.42 per year, £29.59 per 6 months and £91.70 for a lifetime.

BUT, if you use my discount code LEARN02VF you get 20% off

Also if you are studying GCSE triple science aqa 9-1 and studying Edexcel history (American west, Elizabeth and Weimar), here's a link to my profile where you can study these cards:

https://www.brainscape.com/profiles/5241617
alexeiszp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
That's ok. I'm glad your half term was better, you deserved some time away from online school, even if you were doing catch up work. Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Sunlight is meant to be good for your mental health, so it might help to relieve some stress.
I'm ok thanks. how are you feeling today?
today has been weird, I have been a bit stressed but it's ok and manageable which is gd.
honestly just relieved that I will be going back to school soon as I tend to be a bit more organised when I am at school, which definitely helps me be a lot less stressed. I just kinda want yr11 to be over and have my results so I can start a new chapter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%