Learning guitar for the first time any tips?

Watch
sprinkles2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hii I’ve started learning some basics chords but I’m unsure on what to learn next...are there any free websites that will help??
Also I’m not sure if I should buy a capo will I still be able to play some songs without it?
RowanTheGay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found that trying to just learn some basic chords was helpful as it allowed me to get a foothold into loads of songs.
In terms of finger-plucking, I'd suggest making sure you use multiple fingers from the start. I made the mistake of only.learmibg to use one and it really screwed me over in the long run.
sprinkles2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by RowanTheGay)
I found that trying to just learn some basic chords was helpful as it allowed me to get a foothold into loads of songs.
In terms of finger-plucking, I'd suggest making sure you use multiple fingers from the start. I made the mistake of only.learmibg to use one and it really screwed me over in the long run.
Is there any good resource you’d recommend to help learn finger plucking? I’ve looked up videos And guitar tabs but they’re confusing
rayshow053
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It all depends on your motivation and self-discipline. I never had a real guitar teacher except for guitar magazines, but I did take a year of theory in college - absolutely helpful. Get a decent guitar, this sit should help https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/...ars-under-500/ ). It was based on piano music (which I know very little of) but immensely helped my knowledge of music and to understand how it all works.Learn some songs you like. Then learn some more songs you like. Or write some songs.
Last edited by rayshow053; 1 month ago
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
get the app “ultimate guitar”
it’s not free but i got a year subscription for 14.99 and it’s SO worth it
youtube videos really help, i used marty music primarily but there’s loads of good creators out there
invest in a good electronic tuner, if your guitar isn’t in tune before you play you’ll sound ****
and most importantly, have fun and practice practice practice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (71)
67.62%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed