The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning on marrying her. And don't you think my secret is kind of like telling her that I murdered someone intentionally ? I am just afraid that she will leave me if she finds out about it.

If you plan on marrying her then you shouldnt have any secrets at all. How long have you been dating?
Original post by Pchim
If you plan on marrying her then you shouldnt have any secrets at all. How long have you been dating?

Around 6month. How would you view it, if your BF did it and then later on reveal it to you ?
Reply 22
Around 6month. How would you view it, if your BF did it and then later on reveal it to you ?

6 month is too soon to know who you are going to marry. And 6 month is also too long to of not told her. If i was her id be hurt you hadnt told me sooner! You didnt like something about yourself so you changed it. Its not a big issue she likes you how you look now its not like you’ll suddenly undo it. Confidence is attractive but secrets arent. By the time i knew i wanted to marry my bf we had no secrets. 4 years in and i can **** in front of him, have him shave my legs, he knows all my flaws, hes seen me break down and seen me with depression and unshowered for 3 days. He saw me in hospital with tubes. Nothing i could do could freak him out and thats how you know they are marriage worthy. When they accept everything. If they dont sack em
Original post by Pchim
6 month is too soon to know who you are going to marry. And 6 month is also too long to of not told her. If i was her id be hurt you hadnt told me sooner! You didnt like something about yourself so you changed it. Its not a big issue she likes you how you look now its not like you’ll suddenly undo it. Confidence is attractive but secrets arent. By the time i knew i wanted to marry my bf we had no secrets. 4 years in and i can **** in front of him, have him shave my legs, he knows all my flaws, hes seen me break down and seen me with depression and unshowered for 3 days. He saw me in hospital with tubes. Nothing i could do could freak him out and thats how you know they are marriage worthy. When they accept everything. If they dont sack em

How old are you ? And trust me when you are 27 and met all type of girls, 6 month is not too soon to decide your wife.
And I am just afraid that i will lose her, if i tell her. Either she will get angry for not letting her know earlier or she will think I am a weird psycho who did limb lengthening.

I appreciate your answer though.
Reply 24
Something like limb lengthening, probably not. To go to such drastic lengths for something like your height shows how much you energy you invest in looks and thats not something I look for in a relationship. It also seems pretty financially irresponsible, 75k is ridiculous..
Thats not to say other women wouldnt date you though. If you want to tell your partner you may as well.
Yea, around that range.

To me, this would be more of an issue than you having had surgery. I wouldn't date a guy who spent £75,000 on something so unnecessary...
Reply 26
Original post by black tea
To me, this would be more of an issue than you having had surgery. I wouldn't date a guy who spent £75,000 on something so unnecessary...

But you also wouldn't date someone who's 5'6. Would you? OP has money and used it to gain something he needed. If I had that amount of money i would have also done so. Girls can get boob enhancement and things like that, and when it comes to boy why do you care? How much money do you make OP?
Reply 27
Original post by hiyibak
But you also wouldn't date someone who's 5'6. Would you? OP has money and used it to gain something he needed. If I had that amount of money i would have also done so. Girls can get boob enhancement and things like that, and when it comes to boy why do you care?

There are plenty of men 5'6 who have girlfriends, its not even that short. Couldnt care less about what he does with his body but this is far from something OP 'needed'.
Original post by hiyibak
But you also wouldn't date someone who's 5'6. Would you? OP has money and used it to gain something he needed. If I had that amount of money i would have also done so. Girls can get boob enhancement and things like that, and when it comes to boy why do you care? How much money do you make OP?

......... I was kind of ignored by girls because of my height as i mentioned before. So i can neither agree nor disagree.

About money --- i make a good living. So 100k is kind of negligible compared to that.
Reply 29
......... I was kind of ignored by girls because of my height as i mentioned before. So i can neither agree nor disagree.

About money --- i make a good living. So 100k is kind of negligible compared to that.

Whay do you do? Are you from a any rich family? How do you earn that much at 27?
Original post by hiyibak

I would have no problem dating someone who is 5'6.

I don't see the necessity of boob enhancement either. I don't care, I just see it as totally unnecessary and as a demonstration of someone's insecurity.
Original post by hiyibak
Whay do you do? Are you from a any rich family? How do you earn that much at 27?

Not showing off or anything but I am in IT. More specifically Cyber security and I am currently in the position of CTO, so basically company's 15% profit is my salary. And I also have my part of share in Boohoo plc and Boston proper LLC. Nope I am not from any rich family, my family barely even had money to send me to college properly. I got scholarship in US, which gave me a free ride. So yea, i kind of worked my ass off to get into this position. The only thing that was bothering me ( or insecurities )was my height. So i did the surgery.
Reply 32
Original post by LovelyMrFox
There are plenty of men 5'6 who have girlfriends, its not even that short. Couldnt care less about what he does with his body but this is far from something OP 'needed'.

It's no different to any other cosmetic surgery. If OP now feels more confident in himself and has the female attention he wanted then why be snide about it? I'm sure you wouldn't act the same way towards a woman who enhanced certain aspects of her body for the same reasons when financially able to, and if you would, then at least try to be less judgemental going forward.
Yes.
It shows your approach, mentalitity and the fact that you have the commitment to taking the steps necessary to achieve your ambitions.
Although I would be very cautious of dating a guy who had multiple cosmetic surgeries to the point it was a hobby or habit.
Reply 34
Original post by hajima
It's no different to any other cosmetic surgery. If OP now feels more confident in himself and has the female attention he wanted then why be snide about it? I'm sure you wouldn't act the same way towards a woman who enhanced certain aspects of her body for the same reasons when financially able to, and if you would, then at least try to be less judgemental going forward.

My intention of that post was not to say it was a bad thing for OP ( or anyone ) to get cosmetic surgery, far from it, but the idea that its something he needed rather than wanted would be wrong. I dont care about what someone else wants to do with their own money and body, if it makes them happy there is no issue.
Reply 35
Original post by LovelyMrFox
My intention of that post was not to say it was a bad thing for OP ( or anyone ) to get cosmetic surgery, far from it, but the idea that its something he needed rather than wanted would be wrong. I dont care about what someone else wants to do with their own money and body, if it makes them happy there is no issue.

I don't think anyone was actually saying that OP needs the surgery to continue living, they just meant that OP wanted it a lot which is not a negative thing as you say.
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
It shows your approach, mentalitity and the fact that you have the commitment to taking the steps necessary to achieve your ambitions.
Although I would be very cautious of dating a guy who had multiple cosmetic surgeries to the point it was a hobby or habit.

I only had these surgery through my entire life, and I also don't expect to get any in future also.

A Little update - Today I was about to tell my gf about it, but she seemed angry due to something happened in her uni so I put it on hold for now. And I am still confused whether I should say it or not.
You’re passing the buck though, you’re proving his point he’s making about you. When he pointed out that you’re criticizing the surgery yet you wouldn’t date a 5’6 guy; instead of admitting you have a hypocritical stance you passed the buck to someone else taking the responsibility off yourself by using a scapegoat “nuh-uh because in the entirety of planet earth there’s several 5’6 guys who have had girlfriends” and never had extreme difficulty with dating women and the average woman not seeing him as a dealbreaker, yeah holistically speaking no s*** there are…that’s dodging the point. you are pointing out the anomaly of women who would date guys shorter than them/around their height, and pointing out that (globally speaking) there’s several examples of 5’6 guys who’ve never experienced major difficulty and non stop struggle dating

Latest

Trending

Trending