MeJustMe1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
To whomsoever it may concern,Despite graduating with a 2:1 this year, I'm really worried about applying to postgrad courses because my transcripts from 1st and 2nd year are very poor (43% and 49% average respectively, with a couple of failed papers too). Although this was due to extenuating circumstances as I had severe PTSD and depression, my concern is that a lot of Universities won't even consider me. Any advice on how I could get around this from an admissions standpoint please?Best wishes,Me.
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MeJustMe1234)
To whomsoever it may concern,Despite graduating with a 2:1 this year, I'm really worried about applying to postgrad courses because my transcripts from 1st and 2nd year are very poor (43% and 49% average respectively, with a couple of failed papers too). Although this was due to extenuating circumstances as I had severe PTSD and depression, my concern is that a lot of Universities won't even consider me. Any advice on how I could get around this from an admissions standpoint please?Best wishes,Me.
I got onto a Masters (at a top 10 uk university) with a few barely passed modules in 1st and 2nd year, and I don't have the good excuse of facing any kinds of personal challenges, mental health issues etc. If you graduated with a 2:1 despite a few bad grades, and in the face of mental health challenges, I think you should be fine. It depends a bit on where you are applying and what you are applying for, but most people will accept it (the requirement is a 2:1 for most courses). You should have an opportunity to mention your extenuating circumstances (hopefully one of your referees could as well, if not you could talk about overcoming the challenges faced during those times in your PS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads