The Student Room Group

I have no idea what im doing year 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
My colly were like I should drop out and do year 12 again but if I fail my mocks again then I’m gonna questions myself

Yh I would wait to see how you do in your mocks first before you make any decisions
hi im in year 13 I have no idea what the hell im doing I revise and everything but still im making a timetable I don't know anything from year 12 I just feel like where do I begin im just so cluesless on what to do

there's this thing in my school where we have only just started it called cornell notes where you make notes on the page put key words and questions in the margin and then summarise what you have written on the page, another thing that i have found helpful is to teach other people about what you are trying to learn
Original post by Sm9988
Yh I would wait to see how you do in your mocks first before you make any decisions

Yeah that’s true hopefully C’s or above then I will see I applied for biochemistry lmao and failing both of them
Reply 23
Yeah that’s true hopefully C’s or above then I will see I applied for biochemistry lmao and failing both of them

Aha. It’s not over yet.

Which unis ?
Original post by Sm9988
Aha. It’s not over yet.

Which unis ?

I literally have no idea what I wanna do with my life Ngl like I’m just gonna sort evething out when results day comes I think cuz I know Im not gonna get the best grades as lack of revision and the school isn’t helping me a lot like I think depends in a gap year if I have to retake my A levels or soemthing
Hey, I did my A Levels in 2019 and I can understand how you are feeling. Honestly, please do not try to stress yourself out too much because of course it is important to do well but your mental health also matters too and you just need to try as hard as possible.
One thing that might help with feeling less overwhelmed is to PROPERLY GET ORGANISED. Sort out the content e.g. two big ring binders for each subject (one for Year 12 and one for Year 13).
Make sure you have your specification printed off for each subject and USE THAT AS A CHECKLIST! It will help you visualise everything you need to get through in terms of content and it will put you more at ease. You can divide the specification into dividers in your folder.
Find a method that works for you to learn the content. Personally, I found that active recall was very useful for the science subjects - check the video out by Unjaded Jade. You basically blurt out everything on a paper and write down everything in a different colour that you forgot. For geography, I used flashcards with key points, definitions and case studies.
After you know the content, DO EXAM QUESTIONS!!! This is definitely what you should do the most - because you can take exam answers and insert them into your notes and memorise these.
Honestly, A Levels are definitely manageable if you are organised and you have PLENTY of time to do things right! Stay in a positive mindset and look after yourself, try not to burn out! You got this x
I have the EXACT same problem and it makes me wanna cry, no matter how many questions I do, no matter how many times I’m always struggling and I never improve, it’s to the point I don’t even know. I can’t even tell if it’s because I’m stupid. The one time I revised hardest for an end of topic test, I got a U!! If the OP wants some support feel free to pm me, I am trying to address the issue and restart my content now, I’ve figured even if I have to do year 12 again in 3months and then year 13, at least I will be able to understand and do half maybe 60% of the course
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Lolamondayy
I have the EXACT same problem and it makes me wanna cry, no matter how many questions I do, no matter how many times I’m always struggling and I never improve, it’s to the point I don’t even know. I can’t even tell if it’s because I’m stupid. The one time I revised hardest for an end of topic test, I did THE WORST!!

What a levels are you doing?

Keep going it’s not the end at all.

I messed up had to retake and did much better 2nd round.

Not saying that you will have to retake but keep going
Original post by Sm9988
You defo won’t fail. Remember you have all of the Easter holidays and things to revise as well.

Really no need to panic

OP please revise you can do it! I would be panicking tho
Original post by Lolamondayy
I have the EXACT same problem and it makes me wanna cry, no matter how many questions I do, no matter how many times I’m always struggling and I never improve, it’s to the point I don’t even know. I can’t even tell if it’s because I’m stupid. The one time I revised hardest for an end of topic test, I did THE WORST!!

I cry all the time as I have no idea what I’m doing with my life I’m just getting way to behind which is not helping !
I got three U’s Idk WHAG I’m doing with my life Im so stressed if I get bad in Jan then idk WHAG to do with my life I need to retake the year

have you talked to your head of year about retaking? some people can make really dramatic improvements but you're going to have to work really hard. how were you doing in year 12?
Original post by absolutelysprout
have you talked to your head of year about retaking? some people can make really dramatic improvements but you're going to have to work really hard. how were you doing in year 12?

In year 12 I was still getting U’s I asked about retaking they said no I can’t at the same COLLY I’m struggling so much I actually want to die I’m not lying this getting way to much I hate myself for being so lazy
I don’t anything from year 12 I’m struggling so much like so so much I’m behind in content I regret now taking the year back I’m so clueless it’s so hard I just wanna cry

honestly don't worry too much, you have the xmas break coming up. its good your stressing cuz then it shows u care. I think the best thing to do is go chapter by chapter over the xmas break and break down the topics you need to do in order to not feel overwhelmed. just ask your friends for notes, revise from them and just watch lots of videos if you get distracted. you'll be fine trust :smile:
Original post by siobhaindoyle
honestly don't worry too much, you have the xmas break coming up. its good your stressing cuz then it shows u care. I think the best thing to do is go chapter by chapter over the xmas break and break down the topics you need to do in order to not feel overwhelmed. just ask your friends for notes, revise from them and just watch lots of videos if you get distracted. you'll be fine trust :smile:

I won’t I have been getting u’s and it’s just can’t anymore
Have you thought about retaking Year 12? If you're working with 3 U's and don't have a good revision method I'm not sure if you can cram in 2 years of work in 6 months.. maybe if you try your hardest and neglect your social life you can achieve 3 C's after a lot of work but.. I'd just consider retaking year 12.
Original post by Mohamed Idris
Have you thought about retaking Year 12? If you're working with 3 U's and don't have a good revision method I'm not sure if you can cram in 2 years of work in 6 months.. maybe if you try your hardest and neglect your social life you can achieve 3 C's after a lot of work but.. I'd just consider retaking year 12.

I can't retake year 12 they won't let me
Original post by Mohamed Idris

its to late now I just have to work and see what happens tbh and If I do bad I will just have to retake I guess but I have no choice
Bio chem and geo but I’m struggling so much like I’m not even book smart I just cry so much I’m finding it so hard there so much content like I’m struggling

I did Bio and Chem so I feel your pain. With these subjects (Especially Chem) do past papers - every single one you can get your hands on. Then mark it with a markscheme, it is really tedious but it does pay off!
Original post by bp170702
I did Bio and Chem so I feel your pain. With these subjects (Especially Chem) do past papers - every single one you can get your hands on. Then mark it with a markscheme, it is really tedious but it does pay off!

I’m gonna do all the questions from physics and maths tutor and my school website and other website and so the old spec past papers and hopefully I get a better grade or I don’t know but worse case I have to retake or soemthing but I’m not gonna think about it
Original post by helpjen101
In year 12 I was still getting U’s I asked about retaking they said no I can’t at the same COLLY I’m struggling so much I actually want to die I’m not lying this getting way to much I hate myself for being so lazy

why did they say you couldn't? if you do have to end up resitting the actual exams, it's not the end of the world. unis differ in their policies on resits so if you do wanna go to uni afterwards you'll still have a chance to.

Quick Reply

Latest