King_k34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dont know what i want to do at uni. I initially wanted to do finance but my teacher said it would be a waste and you could do it here as its a major financial centre. He did recommend me an engineering degree as he says a lot of the skills are applicable to finance. Subjects im currently doing for A-level physics, maths and IT
sarahyee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
choose whay you want to study!! or if you have a career in mind, which degree you to pursue it. like your teacher said, and engineering graduate can still go into finance. world CEOs have engineering degrees but still assume the role of a CEO (which supoosedly links most to a management degree!). choosing what you prefer most to study will ensure you get through the intense academic rigor in uni since finance js a very good degree to study in UK (London is a major financial hub!), I'd say weigh your interests on engineering or finance. with both degrees ypu can still end up hired by financial institutions! best of luck deciding!!!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by King_k34)
I dont know what i want to do at uni. I initially wanted to do finance but my teacher said it would be a waste and you could do it here as its a major financial centre. He did recommend me an engineering degree as he says a lot of the skills are applicable to finance. Subjects im currently doing for A-level physics, maths and IT
Hi,

It's all your choice! If you don't know then you could take a year out and figure out what to do! A lot of student do that to figure out what they want to study and in order not to force themselves in to jobs they dont want to do

If you don't want to take a year out then just research all your options!!

Good luck!
Marlena- Official Student Rep
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by King_k34)
Hey King_k34

Is engineering a course you would be interested in studying? You'll be at university for three/four years, depending on where you study. Take your time to consider all your options before making any decisions. I actually changed courses and studied law for a year, switched to primary teaching and then ended up doing a postgrad in law. As University of Portsmouth Student Rep mentioned if you don't know what you want to study, take a year out and get some life experience before you start uni. I was young when I started uni and a year out would have helped me to decide what I wanted to do at uni and gain some life experience

Good luck

Melissa- Student Ambassador
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
uni reps sniffing out the undecided student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (247)
57.31%
I don't have everything I need (184)
42.69%

Watched Threads