aarrontu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have received offers from the University of Bristol and Nottingham for an MSc in Engineering management.
Bristol has a better ranking but I received a scholarship from Nottingham.
Can you people help me analyze which one will be a better choice for me?
If you have any experience with these courses or schools, please tell me.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly advise
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly they’re pretty similar. Doubt it matters in the grand scheme of things. Go where you feel happiest!
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aarrontu)
I have received offers from the University of Bristol and Nottingham for an MSc in Engineering management.
Bristol has a better ranking but I received a scholarship from Nottingham.
Can you people help me analyze which one will be a better choice for me?
If you have any experience with these courses or schools, please tell me.
I would appreciate it if you could kindly advise
I don't think anyone can give a direct comparison as no one will have done both courses at both universities.

I would personally ignore university rankings, unless you know exactly what they are based on just consider them pretty irrelevant. Especially as they are so close on the national ranking. Right now I'd say the scholarship sounds very enticing, but if you don't necessarily need the money then ignore it.

Chose the course that interests you most (if there are any specific differences on modules, structure etc). Chose the location that interests you most.
aarrontu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
Honestly they’re pretty similar. Doubt it matters in the grand scheme of things. Go where you feel happiest!
Thanks for your reply.
aarrontu
Rep:
?
(Original post by QuentinM)
I don't think anyone can give a direct comparison as no one will have done both courses at both universities.

I would personally ignore university rankings, unless you know exactly what they are based on just consider them pretty irrelevant. Especially as they are so close on the national ranking. Right now I'd say the scholarship sounds very enticing, but if you don't necessarily need the money then ignore it.

Chose the course that interests you most (if there are any specific differences on modules, structure etc). Chose the location that interests you most.
Thanks for your reply.
Both scholarship and location are important to me. I will consider these two selections seriously and make the best decision.
Actually, many people told me that the course at the University of Bristol and Nottingham are quite similar. If so, I will put the location in the first place.
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aarrontu)
Thanks for your reply.
Both scholarship and location are important to me. I will consider these two selections seriously and make the best decision.
Actually, many people told me that the course at the University of Bristol and Nottingham are quite similar. If so, I will put the location in the first place.
Don't do this just because I said it (my post wasn't that great, I must have posted it in a rush).

List a few things, like location, scholarship, etc. Rank them based on importance to you, then choose which university is best in each of those categories.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads