fivefootseven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m in Year 1 at a good uni but really dislike it and want to go to a uni closer to home. I know people are going to say what’s the point in doing it all over again but I’ve had a lot of personal and family issues, so I’ve already decided that this will be the right decision for me. I’m working really hard and thinking of this year as a foundation year to do better in the uni I move to.

The problem is that my referee from my university has said that they can’t provide me with predicted grades for Year 1 and I’ve no idea what I’m supposed to do. I don’t want my application to be binned straight away because I don’t have predicted grades.

A big issue I have is that I was ill during my winter mocks and was given BBC and an A in core maths on results day 2020 but my predicted grades for exams prior to the pandemic were AAB. I got into my current uni through clearing. I really want to go to another good uni but I’m worrying about them rejecting me straight away based off my A Levels because they don’t have predicted grades from uni.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You mean university predicted grade? You don’t need that. You list your a level and gcse grades which you have achieved and the new university would give you a conditional offer based on you achieving a certain grade e.g 60% average.
fivefootseven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
You mean university predicted grade? You don’t need that. You list your a level and gcse grades which you have achieved and the new university would give you a conditional offer based on you achieving a certain grade e.g 60% average.
So they’d do it based off what they want from me, not what my current uni thinks I’ll get? I don’t want to be disadvantaged because I’ve got no evidence of any progress since January 2020.

Thanks for the reply.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fivefootseven)
So they’d do it based off what they want from me, not what my current uni thinks I’ll get? I don’t want to be disadvantaged because I’ve got no evidence of any progress since January 2020.

Thanks for the reply.
Just input all your achieved qualifications to date.

Put your university study as pending with no grades.

If your choices need further info, they may ask for your most recent academic transcript. It's very rare for them to ask for uni predictions, as you will often not have been there long enough for them to make a sensible guesstimate.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fivefootseven)

Thanks for the reply.
You only need to state all your achieved grades, update your personal statement, get a reference from your personal tutor. You can even ask the admissions office of the department at the Univeristy you want to go to about this before sending the application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads