Am I being unreasonable?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My partner is at university and since the weekend has been producing a film as part of their assessment. We're in a long-distance relationship, and have been for approximately 3 years. I messaged them at the weekend wishing them luck if we did not speak much over the next few days. They have messaged me at around midnight each day, but all they have done in that one message they've sent is tell me that their day went well, filming went well and they can't wait to do it again. They haven't asked how I've been, how my day's been, what I've been up to, or anything like that, just a simple message outlining how their day has gone. I'm quite upset and irritated by this, because I said to them before they filmed that if they were too busy they could just message me after they'd finished the film. I've almost felt like "just a friend" to them. Am I being unreasonable feeling irritated and upset that my partner isn't trying to engage in conversation with me or ask how my day's gone?
Lianne_Sinclair
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My partner is at university and since the weekend has been producing a film as part of their assessment. We're in a long-distance relationship, and have been for approximately 3 years. I messaged them at the weekend wishing them luck if we did not speak much over the next few days. They have messaged me at around midnight each day, but all they have done in that one message they've sent is tell me that their day went well, filming went well and they can't wait to do it again. They haven't asked how I've been, how my day's been, what I've been up to, or anything like that, just a simple message outlining how their day has gone. I'm quite upset and irritated by this, because I said to them before they filmed that if they were too busy they could just message me after they'd finished the film. I've almost felt like "just a friend" to them. Am I being unreasonable feeling irritated and upset that my partner isn't trying to engage in conversation with me or ask how my day's gone?
Hi, I completely understand your situation having been in a relationship with a farmer's son, kinda different but same-ish situation. I wouldn't get upset that they haven't asked you how you are doing, as they are probably really busy. Its hard for folk who go off to uni with a boyfriend or girlfriend back at home, as their schedules are really busy and full of extra activities. Please don't take it to heart that they haven't bothered asking you things, I would perhaps message back some of the things you have been doing and see what they say. Hope this helps!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they're probably just letting you decide whether you want to talk about yourself or not rather than forcing you into it. You should also tell your partner about your day and how you are. Think of it like this, he's taking the opportunity to tell you about his day and so you should do the same with whatever you're comfortable with sharing. After that I'm sure he'll ask follow up questions when he sees that you're comfortable sharing your personal feelings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (219)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (173)
44.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise