Civil Service application form - employment history checks by HMRC

Watch
poppy.m369
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently applying for lots of CS roles and I'm a bit worried that the employment history I put down on the application forms doesn't accurately reflect HMRC records as I have done a lot of casual work while at uni which I didn't receive any P45's for and probably weren't recorded by HMRC. Will this ruin my chances of success or would I simply get chased up for references or something?

I really want to avoid simply putting down the jobs that I know were recorded by HMRC because I would only be able to put down 2 jobs that were very short-term and I probably wouldn't stand a chance at getting the job due to lack of experience
alwaysconfused8
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello
So was any of the work official or was it cash in hand? Do the dates tally up at all?
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by poppy.m369)
I'm currently applying for lots of CS roles and I'm a bit worried that the employment history I put down on the application forms doesn't accurately reflect HMRC records as I have done a lot of casual work while at uni which I didn't receive any P45's for and probably weren't recorded by HMRC. Will this ruin my chances of success or would I simply get chased up for references or something?

I really want to avoid simply putting down the jobs that I know were recorded by HMRC because I would only be able to put down 2 jobs that were very short-term and I probably wouldn't stand a chance at getting the job due to lack of experience
Lol same boat. But they only ring up your references to check employment history
They don't actually go through you HMRC records, or at least not without your permission first, or if they suspect fraud.
Just say it was freelance, if asked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads