What are the odds of getting a gf as a foreigner in the UK

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
especially if my first year I was just in my room 90% of the time, I didnt drink or smoke and because of covid forced to do half of my 2nd year at home. but when I return hopefully when its post covid, I plan on being as social as i possibly can but with my short stature, average looks, minority race and foreign accent what are the odds of this? and without having to drink alcohol? I dont see any benefit of it
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you don't see any benefit, why look for a girlfriend?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If you're asian or black I'd say the chances of you getting a good looking gf are low especially if they have good social skills. But you could try for the below average looking white girls and average black and asian girls. A pretty girl with poor social skills/odd personality is on the cards for you I'd say.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
It's not a ****ing betting game, women are people.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
If you don't see any benefit, why look for a girlfriend?
I think they meant they don’t see the benefit of alcohol 🍷
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's more to life than smoking and drinking. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do? For example sports or gaming or technology etc. then you can join the relevant groups and just meet up with like minded people. Eventually you're gonna end meeting females whether through other people or directly. I don't think you should make getting a girlfriend your goal, you should start off with just meeting people that you take an interest in, it doesn't have to be a relationship - start with friendship.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not a ****ing betting game, women are people.
Prisom.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
username5484956
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If your going around just looking for a relationship or sex you will just come off as desperate - instead look to make friendships and connections.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just some observations from my time as a foreigner in UK... foreign dudes have an easier time getting British gfs than domestic dudes...so I heard from all the dudes on my course in London. Ofc it depends on the type of foreigner I think they meant the Yorgis/Manuel mediterranean types and not Indian subcontinent dudes who they think r nerdy mama's boys and under the fam thumb. ME dudes seem to do well if they r not too halal. Aussies always do but that's coz they r usually v outgoing and know how to surf and have fun lol!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your personality, ambitions, looks, values and lifestyle.
Your mentality, participation in social activities, what you bring to the table in a potential relationship and how willing you are to assimilate into the mainstream society of whichever UK country you are studying in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (217)
56.07%
I don't have everything I need (170)
43.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed