The Student Room Group

Should I ask her to be official?

I've been on several dates with this girl I met recently. We get on exceptionally well, she's always smiling and laughing and seems genuinely very interested in me and my life.

Things have progressed very quickly, to the point where we have already slept together. I've only ever had one relationship before, which was a long term one. So, this is very strange for me as, ideally, I would have liked to have been official before this point.

We've spoken about our feelings and what we want many times. When I brought it up most recently, she said that she wants a relationship but doesn't want to 'rush things', which I completely understand

I can't tell if I should be asking her already, as it's only been about a month. However, it's really clear that it's what we both want, yet when she says things like that it makes me doubt whether I should ask or not?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:
She said it herself, doesn’t wanna rush things. 2 months is a good amount of time, ik you’re dying to do it but just wait my friend!!
I’m sorry bro but when she says she “doesn’t wanna rush things” she’s not interested in a relationship. She wants your company and sex. I’d say try anal and then part your ways. Good luck :smile:
A month is pretty quick and besides rushing to make it official doesn’t guarantee a long lasting relationship. I believe the couples that rush the process end up breaking up and jumping partners quickly. Hence why most teen relationships never work out as planned.
Best wait, it’s been a month, getting along is great but it’s useful to see how it plays out in the long run, plus, she did say she wants to take things slow.

Don’t take that as a bad thing, it’s quite mature, it’s a good sign.
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Best wait, it’s been a month, getting along is great but it’s useful to see how it plays out in the long run, plus, she did say she wants to take things slow.

Don’t take that as a bad thing, it’s quite mature, it’s a good sign.

Agreed, some like myself and others would rather take things slow than rush - it’s definitely not a bad thing!
Reply 6
Sex usually implies exclusivity so don’t worry about the terminology and just let things develop a while
See what its like in the new year.

Quick Reply

Latest