Ghosted by a women with kids?

Watch
Jakesmithyi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A woman started off really liking me, we even kissed after first date.
But she then ghosted me (didn't reply to my messages)
She then later seemed to have blocked me on wattsapp because I can no longer see her 'last seen' status.
What did I do?
Did I scare her?
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jakesmithyi)
A woman started off really liking me, we even kissed after first date.
But she then ghosted me (didn't reply to my messages)
She then later seemed to have blocked me on wattsapp because I can no longer see her 'last seen' status.
What did I do?
Did I scare her?
you don't need to do anything. That's dating, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If anything her rudeness in just cutting contact outright and blocking you should make you less likely to do anything.

Just move on and keep trying until you find something that works out.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah you've likely freaked her out in some way and she has felt her children aren't safe.
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah you've likely freaked her out in some way and she has felt her children aren't safe.
Really?
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
you don't need to do anything. That's dating, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If anything her rudeness in just cutting contact outright and blocking you should make you less likely to do anything.

Just move on and keep trying until you find something that works out.
Just really confused
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't understand how you'd expect anyone on TSR to know what she's thinking but there's not much you can do regardless

Not sure why her having children is relevant, either
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really?
I cant say 100% tbh, but yes, that's entirely possible and happens often.

I've had friends hook up with mums a couple of time casually, then they suddenly as you say, actively block all contact, and it's often because they sobered up/had time to reflect and clocked the person is a risk to their children/parenting (it doesn't have to be sinister, being an irresponsible party animal is enough often)

Some mums also have a habit of asking the police to check out anyone they start dating and the police will often help.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was slightly impolite of her not to explain her reasons, but ultimately she's not obliged to.

Second guessing her motivation, or asking a load of rando's online, isn't going to bring you much comfort.

It just didn't work out this time and it was no fault of either of you.
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
I cant say 100% tbh, but yes, that's entirely possible and happens often.

I've had friends hook up with mums a couple of time casually, then they suddenly as you say, actively block all contact, and it's often because they sobered up/had time to reflect and clocked the person is a risk to their children/parenting (it doesn't have to be sinister, being an irresponsible party animal is enough often)

Some mums also have a habit of asking the police to check out anyone they start dating and the police will often help.
I don't see why that would be the reason,. and you cannot just randomly phone Police to ask about someone
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should just move on. This sort of thing is quite common actually so don't get too worked up over it. She's just probably looking for something else and there's no point you spending any more time on this matter.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does the fact she has kids have to do with it?

You went on one date, kissed, and now she’s blocked you.
She either changed her mind or the date didn’t go as well as you think it did...
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What does the fact she has kids have to do with it?

You went on one date, kissed, and now she’s blocked you.
She either changed her mind or the date didn’t go as well as you think it did...
Striderhort seems to believe it's because she may have been frightened for her children regarding me for some reason
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Striderhort seems to believe it's because she may have been frightened for her children regarding me for some reason
Perfectly plausible...
no one on here is going to know.
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
Perfectly plausible...
no one on here is going to know.
But I did nothing wrong
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But I did nothing wrong
Maybe, maybe not.
Obviously she’s not interested in continuing-whether that’s to do with you or her is nothing anyone here knows.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't see why that would be the reason,. and you cannot just randomly phone Police to ask about someone
Well do you think it was something else? I'm not trying to imply you were creeping on their kids or anything btw but parents absolutely do make these kinda choices at times and you don't know about their past experiences.

No, you can't randomly ask, but parents and guardians CAN formally ask to be told about incidents of domestic/sexual violence, look up Sarah's Law ect, and again I totally know mums that have had bad experiences that make use of these services to try and avoid them again.
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
Well do you think it was something else? I'm not trying to imply you were creeping on their kids or anything btw but parents absolutely do make these kinda choices at times and you don't know about their past experiences.

No, you can't randomly ask, but parents and guardians CAN formally ask to be told about incidents of domestic/sexual violence, look up Sarah's Law ect, and again I totally know mums that have had bad experiences that make use of these services to try and avoid them again.
I don't know. All I know is that I'm no threat and certainly no paedophile.
But I don't understand why she would ghost then block.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because she doesn’t want to see you again.
Jakesmithyi
Rep:
?
Because she doesn’t want to see you again.
But why such a strong conclusion like that?
Why block and ghost?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she doesn't have the time or energy to get into a long back and forth about the reasons she doesn't want to continue seeing you.

You might be very accepting of her reasons, but in her experience others might not be. It's a bit rude not to explain if you've become a bit intimate, but that's her decision.

You don't need to have done anything wrong, she just doesn't want to continue with the relationship. You have not failed. You have succeeded, you met someone nice and had a good time. Mission accomplished.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed