Coppal Copplar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The thread for all Oxford applicants for History and Politics (2021 entry)
Advertisement
Coppal Copplar
Rep:
?
michalikova
hispoltir21
absgrace
Caspaar
JimmyL4
Caspaar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
awesome, now we can wait in pain together lol
Advertisement
Coppal Copplar
Rep:
?
(Original post by elliecobb12)
Has anyone heard of anyone getting any HisPol offers? I think my college is pretty slow so I don’t know when to expect mine :/
Well im applying from Australia, so im like one of if not the only person in Sydney applying for Hispol. But aparently they generally start sending by the 23rd. I reckon maybe 26ish, thats my feeling anyway.
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't heard anyone from Hispol in any college
Advertisement
Coppal Copplar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Caspaar)
I haven't heard anyone from Hispol in any college
this is actually agonising. And I had my final exams (a level equivalent) a couple of weeks ago so im doing nothing but looking at emails....its agonising!
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Coppal Copplar)
this is actually agonising. And I had my final exams (a level equivalent) a couple of weeks ago so im doing nothing but looking at emails....its agonising!
Oh god really!? wow, so u really do have nothing else to do but wait. In every lesson I'm distracted (I'm in Religious Studies atm) cos I'm either on Student room or refreshing my emails.
Advertisement
Coppal Copplar
Rep:
?
Oh god really!? wow, so u really do have nothing else to do but wait. In every lesson I'm distracted (I'm in Religious Studies atm) cos I'm either on Student room or refreshing my emails.
r u guys still virtual classroom in the UK?
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Coppal Copplar)
r u guys still virtual classroom in the UK?
Most of us are in school (i am), but some are self-isolating
Advertisement
primebee461
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, any Balliol applicants here?

I just want Oxford to hurry up and reject me already so I can stop fussing about this
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the most confusing thing is that on the Merton website it says they haven't made any shortlisting decisions, yet on the spreadsheet, people have got offers from Merton. I can't tell whether those people are lying or Merton just hasn't updated their website.
Advertisement
hispoltir21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the most confusing thing is that on the Merton website it says they haven't made any shortlisting decisions, yet on the spreadsheet, people have got offers from Merton. I can't tell whether those people are lying or Merton just hasn't updated their website.
Probably haven't updated their website; it seems like the websites are updated when the majority (or at least a bulk) of their offers/rejections are sent out
absgrace
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by primebee461)
Hi guys, any Balliol applicants here?

I just want Oxford to hurry up and reject me already so I can stop fussing about this
I'm Balliol! I just want to know at this pointttt
Advertisement
phoebusss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi i am applying for Brasenose (:
lily664
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello! I've applied to Magdalen and in a workshop yesterday they said history invites would come out week commencing 30th Nov so we've got a little longer to wait I think
primebee461
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lily664)
Hello! I've applied to Magdalen and in a workshop yesterday they said history invites would come out week commencing 30th Nov so we've got a little longer to wait I think
Thanks for the info, actually cannot stand seeing everyone else get responses before us

Might have to take a break from all of of this until the 30th.
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nooooooo, more waitinggg!
Advertisement
maixo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But if the provisional dates for interviews are 7/8/9 and they said that they'd give at least a weeks notice than surely they can't leave it until after the 30th?
Caspaar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maixo)
But if the provisional dates for interviews are 7/8/9 and they said that they'd give at least a weeks notice than surely they can't leave it until after the 30th?
I hope you're right, that does make sense, cos we would be seriously disadvantaged if they did it then
maixo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope you're right, that does make sense, cos we would be seriously disadvantaged if they did it thenO
On the official applicants thread someone mentioned that history offers usually come out at the same time as PPE - they're expecting these on Thurs/Fri from what I know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
24.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (55)
43.31%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.75%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.15%

Watched Threads