Can I quit when I have a holiday?

Watch
jdsgirlfriend28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've been working at tesco for 1 and a half years but in Jan I want to quit to move onto another job lined up. I work 1 day a week (but do overtime) and wanted to quit on the 2nd Jan. I would then have the 9th off as I booked it on holiday. Tesco require one weeks notice. Is this okay?
obstruct
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not usually, i'd double check with your HR team but usually a company wouldn't allow this - they'd either ask you to just leave without the holiday pay or they'd say you need to stay longer

just double check as it may differ but i'm 90% you can't have your last working day as holiday
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jdsgirlfriend28)
So I've been working at tesco for 1 and a half years but in Jan I want to quit to move onto another job lined up. I work 1 day a week (but do overtime) and wanted to quit on the 2nd Jan. I would then have the 9th off as I booked it on holiday. Tesco require one weeks notice. Is this okay?
Check your contract.
Some companies may not like it (and may have something in your contract saying that this isn't allowed) in which case you would have to plan leaving around your holiday.
However if there's nothing in your contract, then you could technically do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.57%
I don't have everything I need (93)
38.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise