Do I have to physically attend college?

Watch
throwaway2357
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I much prefer online classes and being physically in class is just really uncomfortable and I don't feel safe. I would rather just stay at home and not have my schedule broken up throughout the day, it's ridiculous
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by throwaway2357)
I much prefer online classes and being physically in class is just really uncomfortable and I don't feel safe. I would rather just stay at home and not have my schedule broken up throughout the day, it's ridiculous
If you dont wish to attend, then tell your parents and the college, then withdraw yourself and home school. I agree you sound mature enough to be able to teach yourself.
throwaway2357
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you dont wish to attend, then tell your parents and the college, then withdraw yourself and home school. I agree you sound mature enough to be able to teach yourself.
yeah I have talked to my parents about it and I've emailed my college about it too but they just won't let me it seems
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
yeah I have talked to my parents about it and I've emailed my college about it too but they just won't let me it seems
Home schooling is where you just take over your own education and you or your parents teach you.
If you arent on site as per government guidelines then the college wont get paid.
Ne en mia nomo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can't force the college to enable distance learning just for you, individually. They probably don't have the resources and the will to do that.
However, you can apply to a different college that does distance learning.
throwaway2357
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ne en mia nomo)
You can't force the college to enable distance learning just for you, individually. They probably don't have the resources and the will to do that.
However, you can apply to a different college that does distance learning.
yeah of course, but my college is doing blended learning at the moment, so when I am in college there is a group online that's being taught too

there are over people who have been doing online classes full time too, but i'm not sure why i'm not allowed to either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.43%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.57%

Watched Threads