Exam fees- A- level biology, chemistry and maths

Watch
serenahttb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know where I can do AQA exams for A- Level maths, chem and biology for really cheap? Or at least charity that can significantly help with costs.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by serenahttb)
Does anyone know where I can do AQA exams for A- Level maths, chem and biology for really cheap? Or at least charity that can significantly help with costs.
AQA doesn't currently have prices up for next summer, but the 2020 Autumn costs were £89.65 each for biology and chemistry, and £116.45 for maths. Most centres will charge a little more than this as an admin fee, but that should give you a rough idea of what the sort of minimum cost you can expect is as a private candidate, and give you some idea if centres are trying to massively overcharge you.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-p...ool-or-college
This should give you a good starting point for centres to contact and ask if they could let you sit the exams there, and see what sorts of costs they quote you if they say you can.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you looking to take just the exams or the practical endorsements as well?

Interea has given you this year's AQA prices but 'centres will charge a little more' is way off the mark - centres, quite reasonably, will add on extra for their time, expertise, space, invgilation etc. If you can find anywhere to take you for under £200 per A level, without the practicals, then take it. If you need to do the practicals then expect to pay more like £1000-£1500 for each of the Sciences.

The list AQA provides on line (link in post above) is worth a try but famously unreliable but there's normally some decent advice and suggestions here: https://he-exams.wikia.org/wiki/HE_Exams_Wiki
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Compost)
Are you looking to take just the exams or the practical endorsements as well?

Interea has given you this year's AQA prices but 'centres will charge a little more' is way off the mark - centres, quite reasonably, will add on extra for their time, expertise, space, invgilation etc. If you can find anywhere to take you for under £200 per A level, without the practicals, then take it. If you need to do the practicals then expect to pay more like £1000-£1500 for each of the Sciences.

The list AQA provides on line (link in post above) is worth a try but famously unreliable but there's normally some decent advice and suggestions here: https://he-exams.wikia.org/wiki/HE_Exams_Wiki
Whoops yes, I should probably be a bit more careful with my words! Thanks for clarifying, I'm not always the best at saying what I mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (83)
18.78%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (125)
28.28%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (165)
37.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (55)
12.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed