userhep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm currently on a year out looking at applying for a Joint Honours History and Creative Writing Degree. I'm leaning towards Worcester (it's closer to home, accom looks nice, modules appeal and I like the fact there's a few museums in the area) but I'm really undecided still and have also been looking at Chichester, Aberystwyth and Wrexham Glyndwr.

Was wondering if there's anyone else looking at this joint honours at any of these universities/any current students who could offer their advice?
katherine04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by userhep)
Hi,

I'm currently on a year out looking at applying for a Joint Honours History and Creative Writing Degree. I'm leaning towards Worcester (it's closer to home, accom looks nice, modules appeal and I like the fact there's a few museums in the area) but I'm really undecided still and have also been looking at Chichester, Aberystwyth and Wrexham Glyndwr.

Was wondering if there's anyone else looking at this joint honours at any of these universities/any current students who could offer their advice?
I don't know how much help I can be, as I looked at Aberystwyth for History of Art. Personally I decided against it, purely because there was universities I preferred, but it looks like a lovely place and had a lovely atmosphere.
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by userhep)
Hi,

Hi! We are happy to put you in touch with a current student, feel free to message us your email address and we'll put you in touch with someone
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi userhep,

I am currently a 3rd year Veterinary Biosciences student at Aberystwyth University and I am really enjoying my time here. Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The teaching quality is very high, The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been named the University of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for Teaching quality.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are definitely useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and what you are going to get out of it.

The town is well known for being a very safe place to live and has a very friendly atmosphere attracts many students here, including myself. Although Aberystwyth is a small town the nightlife is great, there a lot of pubs as well as cocktail bars and two clubs. It is very reasonably priced, especially when compared to a lot of the cities. There are lots of cafes and shops, as well as several supermarkets (Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S and Iceland) that are all very accessible. There is plenty to do in the surrounding area as well with Snowdonia National Park on the doorstep and Birmingham, Cardiff and Shrewsbury are very accessible for a day trip.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Rebecca 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.4%

Watched Threads