trying to decide final gcse subject

Watch
s.c.a.r.l.e.t.t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I cant decide whether to choose physics or geography as my gcse subject because im not sure which one will be the easiest and help me with a levels etc?
FatYikes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say that a GCSE in physics will help you for A levels the most as many places say you do not need geography GCSE to do geography A level, however you need physics to do physics A level. However it very much depends what you really want to do and what you're good at- a good grade at GCSE is more important than the subject aside from English Language and Maths. I personally found physics much more difficult! hope this helps
sunflowerhouses
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by s.c.a.r.l.e.t.t)
I cant decide whether to choose physics or geography as my gcse subject because im not sure which one will be the easiest and help me with a levels etc?
i know that it's a long way off, but do you have any idea of what you want to do for a levels? e.g. if you're thinking of going down a more stem-based route physics would be better, but a more arts/humanities route would probably benefit more from geography. all gcses are difficult - from what i've heard there is a lot of content for geography, but physics gets complicated too. overall, i'd say you should pick which subject you enjoy the most, and possibly which one comes more naturally to you - you won't want to revise something you can't stand! hope this helps
s.c.a.r.l.e.t.t
Rep:
?
(Original post by FatYikes)
I would say that a GCSE in physics will help you for A levels the most as many places say you do not need geography GCSE to do geography A level, however you need physics to do physics A level. However it very much depends what you really want to do and what you're good at- a good grade at GCSE is more important than the subject aside from English Language and Maths. I personally found physics much more difficult! hope this helps
thankyou, i'm swaying more to physics since i think it would help more with a levels
s.c.a.r.l.e.t.t
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunflowerhouses)
i know that it's a long way off, but do you have any idea of what you want to do for a levels? e.g. if you're thinking of going down a more stem-based route physics would be better, but a more arts/humanities route would probably benefit more from geography. all gcses are difficult - from what i've heard there is a lot of content for geography, but physics gets complicated too. overall, i'd say you should pick which subject you enjoy the most, and possibly which one comes more naturally to you - you won't want to revise something you can't stand! hope this helps
thankyou, im thinking of doing biology for a level or maybe history so maybe physics would be more helpful, i'd say geography would be more enjoyable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads