How do I become a fully qualified chartered accountant from my position the quickest?

Watch
somebodycall911
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i am a mathematics graduate.

i wanted to know what is the quickest way of me becoming a chartered accountant.

Will being a math graduate lower my chances, will it be hard for me to catch up on accounting, where my knowledge isnt that advance on it.

which is the easiest and fastest rout.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can’t do it faster than three years. The quickest way to clear most of the exams would be to join a firm which frontends the studying. It won’t take longer due to having a maths degree - about 10% of student accountants studied maths at university last time i saw the stats.
somebodycall911
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
You can’t do it faster than three years. The quickest way to clear most of the exams would be to join a firm which frontends the studying. It won’t take longer due to having a maths degree - about 10% of student accountants studied maths at university last time i saw the stats.
Is there any faster route, i feel like i went through hell to earn a math degree, now to go through another three year. I feel like i will be in my mid 20s, just to get a decent job. Are there no fast route masters programme. ive seen soem stuff on bpp university and some stuff on the acca websites but it doesnt go into detail. by any chance have you heard of this.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by somebodycall911)
Is there any faster route, i feel like i went through hell to earn a math degree, now to go through another three year. I feel like i will be in my mid 20s, just to get a decent job. Are there no fast route masters programme. ive seen soem stuff on bpp university and some stuff on the acca websites but it doesnt go into detail. by any chance have you heard of this.
Yes - I’ve heard of them. I’m pretty suspicious of them. The issue is this - you can’t become a qualified accountant without at least three years relevant experience so taking some of the courses first does nothing to reduce this timeframe.
somebodycall911
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Yes - I’ve heard of them. I’m pretty suspicious of them. The issue is this - you can’t become a qualified accountant without at least three years relevant experience so taking some of the courses first does nothing to reduce this timeframe.
i am willing todo three years of relevent experience, working in an office, auditing etc. my only desire is to get all the work, exams etc out of the way quickly. Sometime i see these one year programs where you become a finish all the levels for the acca or aca and think are these legit or are my hopes up. Thanks for your response
psdc3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i am willing todo three years of relevent experience, working in an office, auditing etc. my only desire is to get all the work, exams etc out of the way quickly. Sometime i see these one year programs where you become a finish all the levels for the acca or aca and think are these legit or are my hopes up. Thanks for your response
KPMG run an intensive graduate programme where you complete 14 out of 15 exams within the first 12 months. When they say intensive they mean it, it’s similar to a Masters in that you do no work and focus solely on passing your exams. Maybe that’s what you’re looking for? Some of the lesser firms might offer something similar but I’m not sure
somebodycall911
Rep:
?
(Original post by psdc3)
KPMG run an intensive graduate programme where you complete 14 out of 15 exams within the first 12 months. When they say intensive they mean it, it’s similar to a Masters in that you do no work and focus solely on passing your exams. Maybe that’s what you’re looking for? Some of the lesser firms might offer something similar but I’m not sure
yes exactly, but i am not sure where to apply and where to ask questions. Also do you think i will be equipt todo those exam.
psdc3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have no idea 😂
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There was a course which seemed legitimate run by Liverpool University based in London which covered pretty much all of ACA. I think they stopped the course. I don't believe that there are any similar ones - nor do I suspect there will be in the future. There are some courses where you can do a fair number of ACCA exemptions - but you need to check these carefully. Its way easier to get an exemption than to sit the real exam and it can be a massive disaster when you start having to sit real papers to complete the qualification.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes exactly, but i am not sure where to apply and where to ask questions. Also do you think i will be equipt todo those exam.
You need to look on the big 4 websites and see which firms, which departments and which offices do the one year intensive year, whether it is something you apply for/ request or whether they decide which trainees to put through each route. You should be perfectly able to do these - no-one sitting 14 papers has any prior knowledge which is worth anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed