Send a parcel without the sender adress

Watch
sea12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone! First of all, I moved in the UK this year to attend university so I don't know how Post Office work.
I have a question: I want to send a parcel without my address; I live in student accommodation. I want to know if there's a chance to send it without my address or not.
Thank you
Last edited by sea12345; 1 month ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you posting internationally?
sea12345
Rep:
?
I'm posting in the UK.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then no you don’t need to put your own address, just the recipient’s address if posting with Royal Mail.
However if there is problems delivering it then it will cause issues if the address isn’t on it.
obstruct
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah it doesn't matter about senders but if for whatever reason they can't deliver they won't be able to return it and may open it for a name or an address they can track
sea12345
Rep:
?
While if I have to send a parcel internationally(Europe), they need the sender address,isn't it?
Last edited by sea12345; 1 month ago
obstruct
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sea12345)
While if I have to send a parcel internationally(Europe), they the sender address right?
no, you as the person sending the parcle or letter is the sender

so if bob lived in the uk and wanted to send a letter to martha in the usa then bob would have his sender address on the back or inside the parcel and martha's address would be on the front (she would be the recipient address)
sea12345
Rep:
?
Thank you
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think we would normally call the Sender address the Return address, ie where to send it back to if it gets lost/refused/whatever

You're not obligated to provide one, but the PO office might prompt you for one if you send by Special Delivery or such, you can put whatever you want though, they don't check it.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah if you send internationally you need to provide the senders address.

So if you’re in the U.K. and posting to someone else within the UK you don’t Need a return address written on your parcel though it often is a good plan anyway.

If you’re sending from the U.K. to anywhere else in the world you Will need to put a return address in it.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads