The Student Room Group

I’m 16 and have never dated anyone- am I weird

I’m 16 and now in college and have literally never had a boyfriend. I didn’t really think anything by it until recently because almost all my friends are now in relationships or have been in relationships and I kinda feel embarrassed. I’m a very shy person, but I do talk to people. I’m not going to say I look like a model, but I wouldn’t exactly say I’m ugly either. Everyone always tell me I give off good vibes and they’re shocked I’m not dating anyone yet. I have had a few people ask, very rare, but I never took the offers up because I didn’t feel a connection- now as stupid as it seems, I feel like I should have because at least it would have put me on the dating grid a little bit. I have a feeling I probably won’t even have my first kiss until 18 and it used to not bother me, but now I feel like I will be judged because most people I have met have now gone a lot further than just a kiss. I don’t want to just date someone for the sake of it, but at the same time I feel like I’m the odd one out. From anyone’s experience can I get any advice and the biggest question is am I weird/ something wrong with me for not having dated anyone yet?

Scroll to see replies

U sound just like me when I was 16... I rlly didn't want drama or a hs bf (same thing lol) and so that's y I met master to lose my v-card without complications or issues and hopefully to have a good time in the process... well that connection turned out to be a lot more comprehensive than just a one-night xperiment tho lol!
Relationships don't last at that age. It's pretty much just for show. Don't think about it too much x
I'm 19, never dated anyone, and hope I never do. There might be people who call me weird behind my back though, so that doesn't necessarily eliminate your doubt
young relationships are too normalised imo. Like the person above me said, more time they very rarely last and one huge downside is the potential to get really hurt over a relationship, which I'd say is much more likely at a young age.

so no you're not weird at all. don't feel rushed into finding a relationship just because of society. it's forreal about when you think you're ready and when u find someone you think you have a genuine connection with.
Not weird. :smile:
I have friends who are in their 20s, 30s and older who have never dated anyone.
Variety of reasons why ranging from: other priorities, yet to meet anyone that they were sexually attracted to, religion or no time/money for dating.
I'm 16 too and I've never had a relationship before. I'm in college too but I don't really care about getting a relationship. You certainly aren't weird. Plus don't worry about it. You will find someone soon enough🙂
I had my first boyfriend at 19 at Uni. We were together 18 months but it didn't work out.
Been single for a year now and honestly I am so much happier and I spend more time on myself and my friends - the really important things in life. Dating someone / being in a relationship DOES NOT define you.
You literally have so many years ahead of you.
Reply 8
I'm 18 and I've never had a relationship, I don't think it's weird tbh, also cuz almost all of my friends haven't had relationships either (or have only had 1 or 2)
Reply 9
I'm 18 in a monthy and never dated anyone 😳
Original post by PATDFOBMCRGD
I'm 16 too and I've never had a relationship before. I'm in college too but I don't really care about getting a relationship. You certainly aren't weird. Plus don't worry about it. You will find someone soon enough🙂

get off student room lmao get to workkkk hahaha
If you had and were on TSR you'd probably be in the minority.
Original post by barnetlad
If you had and were on TSR you'd probably be in the minority.

facts
Original post by Lilacfairyy
I’m 16 and now in college and have literally never had a boyfriend. I didn’t really think anything by it until recently because almost all my friends are now in relationships or have been in relationships and I kinda feel embarrassed. I’m a very shy person, but I do talk to people. I’m not going to say I look like a model, but I wouldn’t exactly say I’m ugly either. Everyone always tell me I give off good vibes and they’re shocked I’m not dating anyone yet. I have had a few people ask, very rare, but I never took the offers up because I didn’t feel a connection- now as stupid as it seems, I feel like I should have because at least it would have put me on the dating grid a little bit. I have a feeling I probably won’t even have my first kiss until 18 and it used to not bother me, but now I feel like I will be judged because most people I have met have now gone a lot further than just a kiss. I don’t want to just date someone for the sake of it, but at the same time I feel like I’m the odd one out. From anyone’s experience can I get any advice and the biggest question is am I weird/ something wrong with me for not having dated anyone yet?

I'm 18 and I've been out on dates and been asked out plenty of times, but nothing has ever come from it. I'd like a proper boyfriend but I'll probably just end up waiting until uni. Ik it's a bit annoying when all your friends have bfs and it's awkward when you're just there wishing you also had someone. x
Original post by Laurxnbakxr
facts

Just read enough threads about people not in relationships.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6802172
Not weird at all.
When I was 14, I told myself I'd get a relationship by GCSE / A Levels.
A Levels came round, and it was pushed to 'i'll get a relationship at uni'.
Post-university, still no relationship, and it's harder to find people, but the search never stops.
Original post by Lilacfairyy

Important qustion are you ugly? I am average looking and i never had a gf and im 17 so you might be one of us ok or good looking ones with high standards dont worry about it lol
Hiya love! I’m going to give you some of the best advice on this app so please listen :smile: I didn’t have my first boyfriend until I was 19 at Uni- I was exactly like you- thinking it was embarrassing to not have even kissed someone. I now look back and all my friends were in toxic and immature relationships- some of them even dated people just for the sake of it. Surely you want to find the right person, and there’s your answer- you haven’t come across them yet! Ignore all that bs that you must date before a certain age etc! At 16/17 your still a child- enjoy the rest of your childhood without worrying about having to commit to someone/thing! You sound quite unsure of yourself and that makes me sad- please learn to love yourself bby because there’s no way you can love anyone else until you love the person you are!!! You will find the right person, I promise. Also your not weird whatsoever :smile:
You don't want a boyfriend, you're just pressured by everyone your age. Take your time
Reply 19
I also didn't have a boyfriend when I was 16, it was ok for me. Just wait and meet a good guy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending