bennye
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do engineering in the future I'm studying for my A levels, what is a good path for my future?
CaptainSkyston
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bennye)
I want to do engineering in the future I'm studying for my A levels, what is a good path for my future?
For any engineering, 'old reliable' is Maths, Phys, Chemistry. If your sixth form/college offers 4 Alevels, a good fourth would be further maths. From those, you can enter basically any engineering field
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bennye)
Depends what you mean by I want to do engineering.

If its go into a professional role. Id say do physics & maths, and ideally further maths &/or chemistry.
Go to a ‘good’ uni that meets your needs.

Id recommend an MEng + a year in industry.

Then look at grad career options...
CaptainSkyston
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainSkyston)
For any engineering, 'old reliable' is Maths, Phys, Chemistry. If your sixth form/college offers 4 Alevels, a good fourth would be further maths. From those, you can enter basically any engineering field
Whoops! looks like I misread the post. Guess I can instead preach about ChemEng. From my research, ChemEng is one of the best options you can take- its fairly lucrative, good job security and good versatility. The downside is that most universities don't offer it. I've got friends applying for mechanical engineering- that's always a good one with a lot of opportunities and high wages. I think it's a fairly common degree for universities to offer, too. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (198)
57.56%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.44%

Watched Threads