The Student Room Group

Sexual problem

Bit unsure about myself how do you properly know if you’re gay or straight. I’m 17 and never had sex
Reply 1
I suppose you just have to think about what you find attractive. Imagine what it might be like with men and women and see how you feel.

Took me about 4 years but I finally realised I was asexual after years of wondering.
Original post by Bio 7
I suppose you just have to think about what you find attractive. Imagine what it might be like with men and women and see how you feel.

Took me about 4 years but I finally realised I was asexual after years of wondering.

Hi,
I wanted to ask wdym by asexual? As in ur not attracted to anyone?
Reply 3
Original post by Bio 7

But I can’t imagine how it would feel
Original post by Anonymous

I think @Bio 7 means that CAN you imagine urself with another woman/man? Would u be willing to try it?
Reply 5
Original post by spectrum84
Hi,
I wanted to ask wdym by asexual? As in ur not attracted to anyone?

Sexually no but romantically maybe, not sure if I have enough interest in it. At 21 though I still haven't had a relationship so looks like a no.

I do still find people attractive but that's it, and I find men more attractive than women usually.
I'm male so I tend to say I'm ace with some gay leanings.
Reply 6
Bit unsure about myself how do you properly know if you’re gay or straight. I’m 17 and never had sex

Who do you find attractive in a sexual way?

I find women both sexual and attractive from an aesthetics view but I appreciate a well groomed, muscular guy from an aesthetics view too. Don't get the two mixed up.
Reply 7

I worded it badly.

Imagine you have the chance to kiss a man and a woman. Which do you think the idea of appeals more?
Do you find men or women attractive?

You might want to experiment as well.

I can't really help much more since I'm ace and have no experience beyond that.
Original post by Bio 7
Sexually no but romantically maybe, not sure if I have enough interest in it. At 21 though I still haven't had a relationship so looks like a no.

I do still find people attractive but that's it, and I find men more attractive than women usually.
I'm male so I tend to say I'm ace with some gay leanings.

So do u mean u don't have any sexual urges?
Reply 9
Original post by spectrum84
So do u mean u don't have any sexual urges?

Nothing making me want to engage in it with another person no.
Original post by Bio 7
Nothing making me want to engage in it with another person no.

Ohhhhh okay, I understand what u mean. Thanks for ur answers :smile:
I'd add into the wise words above that, at 17, your hormones are still all over the place. Don't beat yourself up too much. Chances are your orientation will settle down eventually after several false starts. Ignore peer pressure and enjoy being young!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending