Does it take longer for some people to find they're path?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Take me for instance, never got accepted in the acting profession gave up for a while. I even tried making art and wasted money, I knew it wasn't for me. I still want act but be a theatre maker aswell. I'm getting on though and feel I have a long way to go. Is it just my fate?
username5455976
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Take me for instance, never got accepted in the acting profession gave up for a while. I even tried making art and wasted money, I knew it wasn't for me. I still want act but be a theatre maker aswell. I'm getting on though and feel I have a long way to go. Is it just my fate?
Tbh, I'd like to think that there is no path for anybody. I think we all just choose the one which satisfies us the most out of all of the options available. If acting satisfies you, then do your very best to be the best at acting. Easier said than done ik but I believe that's the whole point of any role (to be good at it). I feel like when you believe that there is no path to life, then you'd feel as though you're in control because there is no place that you'd feel like you'd have to be at.
I dunno tho lol just my useless input.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes.
It often takes a very long time for people to decide on a career path that they are suited and committed to.
Then years to make the necessary contacts, gain experience of the industry/role and experience enough success to make a comfortable living.

Quite a few friends had to be very committed and patient for 4-11 years; as they built up their career experience working towards achieving success as actresses, artists, designers, musicians, models, writers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (235)
56.49%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed