The Student Room Group

I'm a failure.

I got a B in my psychology test. I normally get As and A*s. Everyone's disappointed in me, I never get Bs. I feel like a failure now :frown: I've been non stop crying and I don't know what to do at this point.
Getting a B isn’t even bad, there are other people out there wanting to get a B. I understand you may be sad but you have time to make your grades better. It’s not the end of the world, it may feel like it rn but I guarantee in a few months you’ll think why did I even cry about it. Anyways good luck.
Reply 2
Yh it’s just one exam as well.

The only thing that matters is the end one :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I got a B in my psychology test. I normally get As and A*s. Everyone's disappointed in me, I never get Bs. I feel like a failure now :frown: I've been non stop crying and I don't know what to do at this point.

Sounds like you are aiming for perfection with your grades and your self worth is affected.

Happened to me when I had to do my GCSE exams.

Look at the bigger picture it won't matter in a few years.
Reply 4
Sounds like you are aiming for perfection with your grades and your self worth is affected.

Happened to me when I had to do my GCSE exams.

Look at the bigger picture it won't matter in a few years.

Original post by Sm9988
Yh it’s just one exam as well.

The only thing that matters is the end one :smile:

Getting a B isn’t even bad, there are other people out there wanting to get a B. I understand you may be sad but you have time to make your grades better. It’s not the end of the world, it may feel like it rn but I guarantee in a few months you’ll think why did I even cry about it. Anyways good luck.

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it, I will definitely try to change my mindset. But, it's just hard. No matter how much I try to think positive. It just makes me sad, I cry all over again. I seriously don't know what's wrong with me.
I know how you’re feeling so I won’t bother telling you that a B is okay and it’s just one test. What I will tell you however is that you should strive to improve and not repeat the same mistakes.
Look at your answers and make sure you understand where you went wrong and how to improve.
It could be your wording, your timing or simply a lack of knowledge. All these things can be fixed, so chin up and think about how you can prove to yourself that you can achieve better.
Reply 6
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I know how you’re feeling so I won’t bother telling you that a B is okay and it’s just one test. What I will tell you however is that you should strive to improve and not repeat the same mistakes.
Look at your answers and make sure you understand where you went wrong and how to improve.
It could be your wording, your timing or simply a lack of knowledge. All these things can be fixed, so chin up and think about how you can prove to yourself that you can achieve better.

Thank you for understanding. I appreciate it. Yes, I spoke to my teachers and they said it was my wording that lost me the 1 mark off an A. Hopefully, I can do well in the next one.

hey! I'm the same, but you mustn't feel like a failure because you're not! One bump in the road does not mean that all your other successes are worthless, it just means that the next time you do well it will feel any better! It's okay not to be perfect every time, everyone has bumps in the road. It will be okay :smile:
Now imagine how I feel when I normally get Bs, Cs and Ds even when I'm trying hard...
Reply 9
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
Now imagine how I feel when I normally get Bs, Cs and Ds even when I'm trying hard...

I'm sorry. I truly am, but this is more about the pressure I have from myself and other people. I didn't realize this until I posted on this thread but I am a perfectionist. When things don't go well I take it very bad. Also,
Original post by marnieeeee
hey! I'm the same, but you mustn't feel like a failure because you're not! One bump in the road does not mean that all your other successes are worthless, it just means that the next time you do well it will feel any better! It's okay not to be perfect every time, everyone has bumps in the road. It will be okay :smile:

I hope so :frown: thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest