Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
there are so many south asians that have applied to oxford this year. i counted like ten indians for my course at my college alone.
are there a lots of indian/pakistanis at oxford?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
i don’t know the answer to your question, but maybe don’t just see people as a race or nationality ? thanks xx
Gaddafi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i don’t know the answer to your question, but maybe don’t just see people as a race or nationality ? thanks xx
OP never said that is all he saw. Also OP might be a foreigner or someone who has kept mainly to people of his own background for the last 18 years.

Btw what was the need to use anon?
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
there are so many south asians that have applied to oxford this year. i counted like ten indians for my course at my college alone.
are there a lots of indian/pakistanis at oxford?
There are quite a lot of international South Asians at Oxford, yeah. I can't speak for the Indian or Pakistani communities but I found it interesting that in the whole Sri Lankan society, my sisterand I were the only British Sri Lankans - everyone else was an international student.

I'd imagine on the whole, there'd be more Indians than there were Sri Lankans, and that Sri Lankans may outnumber Pakistani and Bangladeshi students :yes:

:bhangra:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
this wasn’t meant to be offensive. i was just genuinely curious bc i live in a (mostly) homogenous society typically very racist towards south asians, so i’m always really apprehensive of coming across like them. it was just so i could prepare myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (215)
56.73%
I don't have everything I need (164)
43.27%

Watched Threads