Alien66666666
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I do chemistry biology psychology and graphics design. I hate psychology right now after only 8 weeks. I picked it because I thought I would need it for my 3rd a level after dropping graphics design in second year. Anyone whose on the pharmacy course or done it what subjects did you have for your A levels.and everyone drops one subject in the second year I originally thought it would be graphics but now thinking about psychology if I drops graphics and replace psychology with something else say btec health and social care it would only be for 1 year so would it count as A level
Alien66666666
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing A level biology chemistry psychology and graphics. I am ok with bio and chem however I feel I’m struggling with psychology. I picked it because I thought I would need it to get onto a pharmacy degree however someone told me that I don’t really need it. Anyone who’s on a pharmacy degree or has already done it what A levels did you take. I also do graphics design so was wondering if I should drop psychology instead of that
MindMax2000
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't done a pharmacy degree, but I have more or less scavenged Google for the entry requirements for UK MPharm degree programs for this (I'd recommend you do the same next time).

According to most degree programs, they require you to have Chemistry as an A Level, but then one other science or maths. Chemistry and Biology would be more than sufficient. There is only a handful of universities that would consider Psychology as a science subject alternative to Biology:

Typical entry requirements are ABB though.
Demouche
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Long time ago mind - I did chemistry physics and maths (pure and applied) A level. Chemistry I would say definitely as it’s a large part of the undergraduate course. A knowledge of statistics would be useful but not essential as it’s covered in the curriculum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads