I need advice!

Watch
AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
it's been 3 months since beginning of year 12.
I spoke with my teacher if I could move from biology to further maths and he told me that I am a very capable and skilled matematician but I am risking too much with this decision.He said that I am allowed to move but warned me of the high risk.

Is it worth it to move to further maths?I want to get minimum A and is it still possible to catch up the missed content?
Native087
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The risk is posed to your teacher, not yourself.

If you want to get an A you can do so. The 'risk' of you moving subject, is you not working enough and failing to get an A -> the consequence being your teacher looking bad.

You have no risk, do you what want to.
marnieeeee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AW AFR)
it's been 3 months since beginning of year 12.
I spoke with my teacher if I could move from biology to further maths and he told me that I am a very capable and skilled matematician but I am risking too much with this decision.He said that I am allowed to move but warned me of the high risk.

Is it worth it to move to further maths?I want to get minimum A and is it still possible to catch up the missed content?
hmm depends why you want to move really,
do you just not like bio?
AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by marnieeeee)
hmm depends why you want to move really,
do you just not like bio?
My parents were pressuring me to do Medicine.I finally convinced my parent that I dont like Medicine and that I want to do engineering.

Also...Just to add context I am now doing A-Level Biology,Chemistry,Physics and Maths.I have self teached all of these 4 subjects during lockdown for which I am finding all my subjects super easy...But I want and need to do engineering in a top university (my parents told me that I either go to medicine in either a top or even a normal and less pretigious Uni or engineering IN A TOP UNI).

My minimum target grade set by the teachers are:
Biology A*
Chemistry A
Physics A*
Maths A*

I am having best test grades in the entire science department and my maths test scores have also always been the best in the class.

But I have no chance to do Aerospace engineering in Imperial or Cambridge or in any prestigious top uni without further maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads