Sha.xo527
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thinking of taking Further Maths, Maths, Biology and Chemistry.
What I'm worried about is Further Maths combined with Biology- two VERY content heavy subjects. I think I'd be fine with Further Maths and for example, Physics, but not as much with Bio....

Did anyone else take Further Maths and Biology? How was it? Do you regret it?
Hellllpppp
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I do maths, biology and chemistry A-levels. I find because I enjoy all of them the workload isn’t a problem. The workload of four A-levels is always a lot so unless it’s compulsory for you to do 4 or you would have issues with university requirements if you didn’t do biology/physics could you perhaps consider doing just maths, further maths and chemistry. My advice is pick the subjects you enjoy the most because an A-level in a subject you don’t enjoy would feel like a lot more work than a subject you do enjoy.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did those 4 A levels, didn't find them unmanageable. Further maths isn't that content-heavy?
Sha.xo527
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
I did those 4 A levels, didn't find them unmanageable. Further maths isn't that content-heavy?
Huh, everyone I know says it's content heavy or am I crazy and hearing things? Anyways, how much time did you spend revising for them each day?
Sha.xo527
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
I do maths, biology and chemistry A-levels. I find because I enjoy all of them the workload isn’t a problem. The workload of four A-levels is always a lot so unless it’s compulsory for you to do 4 or you would have issues with university requirements if you didn’t do biology/physics could you perhaps consider doing just maths, further maths and chemistry. My advice is pick the subjects you enjoy the most because an A-level in a subject you don’t enjoy would feel like a lot more work than a subject you do enjoy.
I love Maths (going into healthcare), thank you!
RoseVet
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I do chem, physics, biology and maths. I think physics is a lot more content heavy than further maths!! Obviously not doing further maths myself I can’t speak for it too much, but with regular maths it’s mainly just practising, whereas for physics there are a lot of concepts to understand, as well as having to practise the maths!

It depends on what type of person you are, but I find biology easier than physics. There are still some difficult concepts to understand (mainly in A2) but overall the actual knowledge you need to learn isn’t too bad. It is quite content heavy though, just a lot of concepts to memorise!
Last edited by RoseVet; 2 months ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sha.xo527)
Huh, everyone I know says it's content heavy or am I crazy and hearing things? Anyways, how much time did you spend revising for them each day?
My A levels ended up cancelled, but I spent the school day revising (including frees) and did homework at home, which worked totally fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (62)
17.32%
No one else does (115)
32.12%
I'm embarrassed about my background (38)
10.61%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (122)
34.08%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.68%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.96%

Watched Threads