Is it normal?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have bad short distance (-3.75) eyesight so from a young age I have been wearing glasses. I have always thought glasses will make my eyesight better but they are just progressively getting worse like I before when I was 10 I could cope without my glasses but now I can't see anything because everything to me looks blurry.I am just wondering if this is normal ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have bad short distance (-3.75) eyesight so from a young age I have been wearing glasses. I have always thought glasses will make my eyesight better but they are just progressively getting worse like I before when I was 10 I could cope without my glasses but now I can't see anything because everything to me looks blurry.I am just wondering if this is normal ?
I am getting new glasses every year because its getting worse
hapiolen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am getting new glasses every year because its getting worse
same but i just go mine for my left eye and its feels like its getting worser by me wearing them so i dont wear them as much and it goes a bit better
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hapiolen)
same but i just go mine for my left eye and its feels like its getting worser by me wearing them so i dont wear them as much and it goes a bit better
I agree I am 15 and my eyesight is terrible
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you use more? Phone, Tablet, PC/Laptop or TV/Console?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2003a39)
What do you use more? Phone, Tablet, PC/Laptop or TV/Console?
Tablet/Laptop
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tablet/Laptop
Try to use the laptop more since it's further away from your eyes and would decrease the chances of your vision getting worse. Anything but a phone or tablet, seriously, they're the worst.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's pretty unusual for short-sightedness to improve with glasses - they just correct your vision, they don't actually make your eyes better. It's also really common for your prescription to get worse through teenage years as your eyes grow and change shape. Usually stabilises later on though.

Obviously it's important to take care of your eyes and avoid straining them, but it's unlikely that anything you do will have a huge effect on your prescription.
chopingirl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't know where you got it from glasses will make your eyes better, never heard that before. I think most people with short sightedness will keep needing a stronger prescription until it settles sometime later in life.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your glasses just correct your vision, they don't actually stop your vision getting worse. Therefore yes, it is normal.
OceanCat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Normal. You should try changing certain habits to see if they impact on eye strain.
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My vision got worse when I wasn't using glasses at all, it also got worse when I was using them all the time. It got better only when I started working on general good habits, used them only when needed and did some exercises. It's been a good improvement from around -4 to about -2.5. Although it got slightly worth recently it is still a huge improvement.
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kathy89)
My vision got worse when I wasn't using glasses at all, it also got worse when I was using them all the time. It got better only when I started working on general good habits, used them only when needed and did some exercises. It's been a good improvement from around -4 to about -2.5. Although it got slightly worth recently it is still a huge improvement.
do you know anything about axis

my right eye is at 180.0 and my left is at 10.0

im so confused lol
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hapiolen)
do you know anything about axis

my right eye is at 180.0 and my left is at 10.0

im so confused lol
Axis is only the angle of the astigmatism, it is not doing anything to your vision.
hapiolen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kathy89)
Axis is only the angle of the astigmatism, it is not doing anything to your vision.
Oh ok thanks ,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads