Should I use this as an opportunity?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my crush is self-isolating due to being in contact with someone who tested positive for covid and i was wondering whether i should dm him on insta to see how he is.
We don't talk to each other but i was wondering whether i could dm him and initiate a convo
2003a39
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my crush is self-isolating due to being in contact with someone who tested positive for covid and i was wondering whether i should dm him on insta to see how he is.
We don't talk to each other but i was wondering whether i could dm him and initiate a convo
Sure, go for it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2003a39)
Sure, go for it.
but i dont want him to mind uno
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
but i dont want him to mind uno
One text is all that's needed to start something, any more, and it can be interruptive. It really depends on the guy. If someone messaged me, I'd either like it and/or get a bit nervous.
Anonymous #1
One text is all that's needed to start something, any more, and it can be interruptive. It really depends on the guy. If someone messaged me, I'd either like it and/or get a bit nervous.
it's just we don't really speak so thats why im worried
Gillzy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dude you need to stop worrying what people will think of you and just do what makes you happy. I'm in isolation currently and I know a text would make me feel 100x better from anyone.
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's just we don't really speak so thats why im worried
Can definitely see that, I'd feel the same way. You basically have two options, DM him, one message about his health and nothing else or ask a mutual friend if he's ok to text you or if he's available. Honestly, we probably care too much about what others think, he shouldn't think of the approach as anything bad.
Last edited by 2003a39; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gillzy)
Dude you need to stop worrying what people will think of you and just do what makes you happy. I'm in isolation currently and I know a text would make me feel 100x better from anyone.
ik i have a habit of listing all the pros and cons before doing anything

Can definitely see that, I'd feel the same way. You basically have two options, DM him, one message about his health and nothing else or ask a mutual friend if he's ok to text you or if he's available. Honestly, we probably care too much about what others think, he shouldn't think of the approach as anything bad.
the thing is that during lockdown part 1 , i dmed after he followed me to say thanks and we started talking. I told him who i was, he was like 'cool' and after an hour he unfollowed me and then we never spoke after that. This is why i'm worried
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the thing is that during lockdown part 1 , i dmed after he followed me to say thanks and we started talking. I told him who i was, he was like 'cool' and after an hour he unfollowed me and then we never spoke after that. This is why i'm worried
Saying "cool" and unfollowing you seems like disinterest if I'm being honest. However, unfollowing you might be a sign that he doesn't want you to think he likes you, take that as you will.

One of my own friends unfollowed me at one point, I didn't see it as a big deal, we still talked and there were no issues. It might just be your posts that don't interest him, who knows...

I'd still take the opportunity if I were you, unfollowing isn't something to be worried about. It can be a way of gaining followers somehow, maybe he's into that.

It's "lockdown" so he's probably a bit lonely right now, a lot of us like being approached. Do it, he'll think that he's not been forgotten which is a win-win.
Anonymous #1
Saying "cool" and unfollowing you seems like disinterest if I'm being honest. However, unfollowing you might be a sign that he doesn't want you to think he likes you, take that as you will.

One of my own friends unfollowed me at one point, I didn't see it as a big deal, we still talked and there were no issues. It might just be your posts that don't interest him, who knows...

I'd still take the opportunity if I were you, unfollowing isn't something to be worried about. It can be a way of gaining followers somehow, maybe he's into that.

It's "lockdown" so he's probably a bit lonely right now, a lot of us like being approached. Do it, he'll think that he's not been forgotten which is a win-win.
Alright I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Wish me luck :afraid:
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Alright I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Wish me luck :afraid:
Yeah, do it and leave the app so you don't overthink it.
Anonymous #1
Yeah, do it and leave the app so you don't overthink it.
will do
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah go ahead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads