How to answer 8, 10, 12, 20 marker questions in business studies?

Watch
faizan13din57
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I have an exam coming up and I read some stuff about how to answer these types of questions but I didn’t really understand how to answer these questions. In terms of how it’s structured. Is it like a benefit and the opposite and that’s it? Or do you do it like that for 2 different factors?
Last edited by faizan13din57; 1 month ago
Keir Starmer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by faizan13din57)
Hi guys,

I have an exam coming up and I read som stuff about how to answer these types of questions but I didn’t really understand how to answer these questions. In terms of how it’s structured. Is it like a benefit and the opposite and that’s it? Or do you do it like that for 2 different factors?
What subject is this?
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keir Starmer)
What subject is this?
Its Business studies, sorry. i forgot to mention it
Tello
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys,

I have an exam coming up and I read some stuff about how to answer these types of questions but I didn’t really understand how to answer these questions. In terms of how it’s structured. Is it like a benefit and the opposite and that’s it? Or do you do it like that for 2 different factors?
Follow this structure:

For 4 marks:
Define the key term in the question. For example: Design mix

Point - state the advantage/disadvantage/impact/effect

Context- because, therefore - leads too.

For 8 Marks (3 paragraphs)
Paragraph1:

counter balance - however

Paragraph 2
then state a new point and follow structure

for 10/12 marks, do the same as above but add a justification and opinion and evaluate everything you said in a new paragraph
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tello)
Follow this structure:

For 4 marks:

For 8 Marks (3 paragraphs)
Paragraph1:

counter balance - however

Paragraph 2
then state a new point and follow structure

for 10/12 marks, do the same as above but add a justification and opinion and evaluate everything you said in a new paragraph
Only one counter balance? Or for each point? Also, should the counter balance sound like another point cuz I was trying to do a question earlier and the counter balance i gave felt like another point.
Tello
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only one counter balance? Or for each point? Also, should the counter balance sound like another point cuz I was trying to do a question earlier and the counter balance i gave felt like another point.
Hi, Counter balance after each point, so one counter balance in each paragraph for example: however it depends on if costumers like the new product features.
then evaluation after saying which is the better option.
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tello)
Hi, Counter balance after each point, so one counter balance in each paragraph for example: however it depends on if costumers like the new product features.
then evaluation after saying which is the better option.
So if the question says the assess or discuss 2 factors that will change the EVs market in the future, would I say that:

One factor could be that global warming and carbon emissions are ruining the world and so are fuelled cars and governments are trying to change that by bringing in new laws to stop people using fuelled cars instead, start using EVs, therefore more people are starting to buy EVs to get used to driving the EVs which will increase the annual sales of EVs which will increase the market share for EVs. However, some people may not have confidence in the infrastructure that is set for EVs as there are not many charging grids built across the country eg. UK. Therefore people may not be confident in driving EVs.

Is this good then?
Tello
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So if the question says the assess or discuss 2 factors that will change the EVs market in the future, would I say that:

One factor could be that global warming and carbon emissions are ruining the world and so are fuelled cars and governments are trying to change that by bringing in new laws to stop people using fuelled cars instead, start using EVs, therefore more people are starting to buy EVs to get used to driving the EVs which will increase the annual sales of EVs which will increase the market share for EVs. However, some people may not have confidence in the infrastructure that is set for EVs as there are not many charging grids built across the country eg. UK. Therefore people may not be confident in driving EVs.

Is this good then?
How many marks is the question worth?
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tello)
How many marks is the question worth?
It was worth 8 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed