The Student Room Group

London Interdisciplinary School applicants 2021

Hi, is anyone thinking of applying to the London interdisciplinary School. I thought it seemed really interesting but I haven't seen anyone on here talk about applying?

Scroll to see replies

idk
Original post by AnonymousB123
Hi, is anyone thinking of applying to the London interdisciplinary School. I thought it seemed really interesting but I haven't seen anyone on here talk about applying?

I applied along with my 5 uni choices, i haven’t heard anything yet from them tho x
Reply 3

I'm going to apply but i'm not if i'm actually going to go there. it seems amazing but a little risky.
Original post by zaina_18
I'm going to apply but i'm not if i'm actually going to go there. it seems amazing but a little risky.

exactly what i was thinking, being the first cohort is definitely a risk
Reply 5
I was confused by their requirements - it seems odd that there isn't any.
Have people booked their interview?

I'm curious as to what it will be like
Original post by keep_drowning
Have people booked their interview?

I'm curious as to what it will be like

I have my interview date- late March
Original post by a.meadow
I have my interview date- late March

I'm lk jealous. Mine's mid Jan (and I'm confused because I'm sure it says somewhere that interviews will be in Feb + March...) and it's going to be a hectic week for me and I have no idea what to expect! :eek4:
Reply 9

Hey! So yeah I've had my eye on LIS for a long while now and having studied at the University of Manchester for 2 years (I've transferred about) it's not what I'd call education and this place gives me hope for a better future, equipping me with skills that I won't forget after completing an assessment.

The best advice I can give if you have any concerns is to send them over to them. I have my interview soon mid-Jan nervous but excited!

*fingers crossed it goes well*
I hope the Jan interviews go well!! I am actually taking place in the preliminary course "testing" it out. I got my application in early but I think they probably tactically put me in March so that they know a bit about me and how I work before the interview. :smile:
I'm lk jealous. Mine's mid Jan (and I'm confused because I'm sure it says somewhere that interviews will be in Feb + March...) and it's going to be a hectic week for me and I have no idea what to expect! :eek4:

Hi, what was your experience of the interview like? Thankyou :smile:
Original post by AnonymousB2
Hi, what was your experience of the interview like? Thankyou :smile:

I really enjoyed it, was definitely challenging and I have no idea how I did.

There was a personal interview about interests, hobbies etc, an independent task where I read/analysed an article and then lastly had another interview where we discussed the article and another task.

It wasn't difficult but I definitely needed to think critically + show basic Maths/literary ability
Did anyone receive an offer?
Did anyone receive an offer?

Hi, yes I received an offer a few days ago, did you?:smile: If any one has an offer would you want to maybe join a group chat to speak about it and ask each other some questions? At the moment I’m quite unsure on what I should do as it seems like an amazing experience I’m just currently unsure of career progression from the course. :smile:
Hi, yes I received an offer a few days ago, did you?:smile: If any one has an offer would you want to maybe join a group chat to speak about it and ask each other some questions? At the moment I’m quite unsure on what I should do as it seems like an amazing experience I’m just currently unsure of career progression from the course. :smile:

I did :smile:
I'd be more than happy to join some sort of gorup!
I did :smile:
I'd be more than happy to join some sort of gorup!

Okay I will message you privately to exchange details :smile:

I got an offer! :smile: Would you be able to add me?
Reply 18

^ I've received an offer as well...would love to join the group :smile:
Reply 19

I also just received an offer! would love to interact with fellow offer holders :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending